Chapter Two

Tate's presence had her nerves jangling

Tate's presence had her nerves jangling. No one had ever made her feel like this before. She couldn't tell if it was just the adrenaline or something else. All she knew was this NFL superstar just saved her from her asshole ex-boyfriend. Hinawakan pa siya nito sa pisngi at tinanong kung nasaktan pa siya. He was such a gentleman at ang gwapo pa. Bakit parang mas gumwapo yata ito kaysa noong nagkita sila sa wedding ng kapatid niya? Even though she didn't want to, she turned to bartender who was the first one to step in and help her.

"Okay ka lang?" She asked the man.

Yvo was being attended by the club's nurse. He'd managed to catch a punch here and there but figured he'd still live. His Tatay had signed him up for mixed martial arts before for self-defense to which his Nanay didn't approve of but he did learn a thing or two after he was forced to quit the class. He had used what he'd learned to his advantage but they were outnumbered. Buti na lang at dumating si Tate kung hindi ay napagtulungan na siya. He'd always tried to stay away from trouble and conflicts but he couldn't turn away nang makita niyang binabastos na ang babae. He thought of his little sister, Monique. Paano kung malagay din sa ganon sitwasyon ang kapatid niya? He'd want someone to defend her, too.

"Pasensya ka na, ha? Ikaw naman kasi sugod ka ng sugod. Sabi ko naman kaya ko na ang sarili ko." She bit her bottom lip, looking guilty, as the nurse was cleaning his cuts.

"Well, you're welcome." He sarcastically said. "Binabastos ka ng mga lalaking iyon. Do you think I'll just stand there and do nothing? I happen to have a sister and a mother."

"Binastos ka ng mga lalaking yun? What did they do to you?" Tate growled with uncompromising gruffness. He'd felt protectiveness towards her, maybe it was because he was attracted to her. He felt a certain pull to this woman the first time he'd seen her. He remembered now when he'd seen that face. It was at Migs' wedding a couple of months ago. She was the bride's sister as she introduced herself to be. Tate remembered asking Coco for her number but the son of a gun just wouldn't give it to him. He said it would be best if he stayed away from Saskia's sister as he had a reputation of being a player and not just in football fields. After the party, he didn't think much of the woman anyway. He'd a handful of women to keep him occupied. But lord, was she gorgeous.

"Huwag mo na pansinin yung mga iyon." She waved her hand off and rolled her cute almond shaped eyes. She looked fragile yet there was something defiant about her. It was an intriguing combination "Ex ko yung isa sa mga tarantado. Hindi lang maka-get over sa akin."

Tate let out a chuckle at what the woman said. "Well, I see why he hasn't gotten over you yet. I mean, you're beautiful."

Yuka let out a giggle, feeling butterflies in her stomach. This was Aristotle St. Croix complimenting her. "Why, thank you"