Chapter Fifteen

"Hey, buttercup. Good morning..." Ang mukha ni Tate ang unang nakita at ang boses niya ang una niyang narinig nang magising siya. Even with eyes still heavy from sleep, she couldn't stop the soft, lazy smile that broke across her face. 

"Good morning..." Her voice was still held some of sleep's thickness. 

"Did you sleep well?" He gently asked. 

She moaned as she stretched her arms before hugging the soft pillow next to her. "Ang sarap ng tulog ko. How was your day?"

"The team and I went out for a few drinks earlier." Tate said, grabbing an apple from the basket in front of him. He was in one of the houses his parents own in the US  where he'd be staying for the next three months. They had a few in different countries but his favorite was the vineyard estate in St. Tropez.  He had told Yuka of his childhood memories at the vineyard, how he and his siblings would help pick grapes and make wine, and he hope to bring her there someday. 

"Baka naman may kasama ka diyan na babae?" Yuka's small eyes got even smaller as it narrowed to him through the screen.

"I can't even look at other women." Tate shook his head. "I just want to focus on the game right now."

"Good luck, ha? Panonoorin kita kaya galingan mo. Alam kong kayo ang mananalo. You were so good last season." She said.

"My buttercup is a fan, huh?" Tate grinned after taking a bite of the apple and swallowing it. "I bet you were stalking me the night we met. Siguro talagang sinadya mo yun."

"Ang yabang nito." Yuka's face scrunched as she tried to keep herself from laughing. 

"I already miss you..." Sumeryoso ang mukha ni Tate. 

"Miss na din kita." Yuka sighed. It had only been three days since they saw each other. Sumama pa nga siyang maghatid kay Tate when Tanya drove her son to the airport. Susunod na lang ang magulang at mga kapatid niya para manood ng laro at suportahan siya. She was invited to watch the game but she had to turn it down as she knew her Ninang Jodie and Ate wouldn't approve of that. 

His mother had already liked her despite only having met twice. Well, she was the first woman he'd ever introduced to his parents and the couple was probably excited. They have always wanted to see their son be in a serious relation. 

Yuka was just glad when his mother wasn't offended when she couldn't finish the food she made for them the first time they met. She forced a few spoonful down her throat but after the third, she knew better than to force it down as she'd probably vomit all over. That would be even more embarrassing. Sinabi niya na lang kay Tanya that she was watching her weight.

"I promise I'll be home in no time. Uuwi ako para sa matamis mong oo." 

Yuka chuckled. "Ang corny." 

"I'm only corny for you." Natatawang sabi ni Tate. "Don't you have class this morning? What time is it there?"

"Shoot!" Yuka jolted up and looked at the digital clock on the small table next to her bed. She had snoozed the alarm clock earlier and was sure she'd running late again. "Maliligo lang ako, Tate. I promise I'll video call you again later."

"Sure, buttercup. I love you." He said, his voice gentle.

Kahit nagmamadali ay napatigil si Yuka. She bit her bottom lip to try to stop herself from smiling. Kahit ilang beses niya nang narinig sa lalaki iyon ay hindi pa rin nawawala ang kilig. 

"Kinikilig ka, ano?" Tate teased him. 

"Ang feeling mo talaga!" She snorted. "Sige na, I really have to go. I'm running late."