Chapter Twenty

Yuka was beginning to enjoy her new home. She had decided to enjoy a morning swim while the helps set up her breakfast by the poolside. Good thing pregnancy hadn't ruined her body yet as she was still able to wear her favorite two-piece bikini. She had gained some flesh here and there, especially on her chest and buttocks which made her body more womanly, but she thought she still looked good in bikinis.

"Ma'am Yuka, ready na ang breakfast mo." Said the smiling help as Yuka swam to the edge.

"Good. Kanina pa ako nagugutom." She smiled back at her, swallowing a titter of excitement. She really felt like a true rich girl with the helps attending to her every whim. Hindi siya makaarte ng ganito sa bahay ng Ate niya dahil alam niyang pagagalitan siya nito at ng Mammy at Ninang niya.

She climbed up the pool ladder and the help automatically handed her a towel. She dried herself with it and sat at the poolside table. Every food she had requested was there. A bowl mixed berries, some toasts, and ginataang mais with langka.

"Payungan mo naman ako, Yaya." She said before digging into her food as the ray of sun hit the spot where the table was at. "Naaarawan ako, o. Baka masira ang beautiful skin ko."

Madali naman sumunod ang kasambahay at tumayo ito sa likod niya para payungan siya.

"Ikaw, paypayan mo naman ako, please. Ang init-init dito." Sabi niya sa isa pang kasambahay na nakatayo sa tabi ng mesa. The help did as she was told to do and began to fan her.

"Yan. Ganyan. Palakas naman ng konti." A satisfied smile broke across her face and she happily took a bite from the toast. She could not believe that this was her life now. Siya na ang nasusunod sa bahay. Hindi na ang Ate niya, ang Mammy niya, o ang Ninang niya. Pwede na siyang mag-feeling prinsesa. Here, she could live the life she had always fantasized.

"Teka, tinawag niyo na ba ang hubby ko?" She asked before taking her second bite. She wanted to convice even the helps that they were a normal couple in a normal relationship.

"Mamaya na daw siya. Si sir naman kape lang iyon sa umaga, pag walang pasok nakakulong lang iyon sa lab niya at aakyat lang sa tanghali na para kumain. Ayaw niya kasing naiistorbo sa trabaho." Sagot nang nagpapaypay sa kanya.

She had suddenly lost appetite knowing that Yvo wouldn't be able to join her for breakfast. Sana kasi siyang palaging may kasamang kumain, lalo na sa agahan.

"Pa-ready na lang ng bathtub ko, mamaya na nga lang ako kakain. Sasabayan ko na lang si doc." She told the helps.

She went back into the pool and swam a little. When the help told her that her tub was ready, she went to her bathroom and took a bath. Pagkatapos niyang maligo ay nagpahanda siya ng pagkain na dadalhin niya sa office ni Yvo.

Yuka carried a tray of food down his laboratory basement. From Yvo's study room, there was a curved stairway heading down which leads to a contemporary-styled room that blended with the whole house. Everything was black, white, and grey. The room had a couch, a big flat screen TV, and even a mini-bar. On one side of the room was a dark brown wooden double door which she assumed where his lab was. Dumiretso doon si Yuka at excited na binuksan ang pinto. She was expecting a Dexter's Lab kind of laboratory or the ones she sees in sci-fi movies. But it was just a boring white room like of a hospital with computers and fancy machines and shelves full of bottles and containers, nothing weird like fetuses and body parts in bottles, just liquids. Everything looked sterile and clean.

Yvo was sitting on a swivel chair with earphones stuck into his ears, his head bent over the microscope. Lumapit si Yuka at hinatak ang isang earphone na nakasuksok sa tainga niya. He immediately turned his head to her direction.