Part 9

Lisa's P.O.V.
I felt weird to be where I was. I've never been in a car that belonged to someone I didn't really know. I mean, apart from when THE SAME PERSON I WAS NEXT TO RIGHT NOW kidnapped me.
"So...um...", he began. "D-Do you have a boyfriend?"
"Nah", I said, looking away. "I've actually never had one. I mean I did, Baekhyun, but..."
"What?! B...aekhyun?!"
He turned red - and not blushing. He seemed rather mad. Oh, no! Why did I tell him that? I knew he was going to get mad about it. Obviously he was...why have I been so stupid?  Why didn't I use my logic thinking?
"Y-Yeah", I said, looking down. "He's a jerk though; clearly not the right one for me."
I was still scared. He was quiet.
"I see", he sighed. "Well...I guess you don't have a boyfriend, do you?"
"Hm", I shrugged. "I...don't know yet, actually. Anyways. D-Do you have a girlfriend?"
"No", he sighed. "But...I mean...I don't..." he stopped and sighed for the 100th time today.

I don't understand why it's so hard for him to talk to me. After all, we have to talk, don't we? Of course we do! Even if a lot happened between us - I mean, he kidnapped me and then kissed me a year later - we work in the same company. So why does it have to be so awkward. I pouted. Why?! Why?! WHY?!

"You know I told you about that girl that I liked", he finally said.
I nodded. I didn't know if that girl was me or he was just using me to practice or to make me be part of his stupid gang. Either way, the awkwardness didn't go away yet.
I nodded, trying to understand where he was trying to get to. But I just couldn't. He was confusing me, no matter what he was saying or doing. Even when he was quiet, he confused me! I started to fidget. I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. 1.38am. Oh! I'm so late! Jisoo is surely going to get mad at me for being so late, she will ask me where I've been and if I had dinner, how I got home, and other questions. Basically like a third parent! But what was I going to tell her? No, unnie, I didn't have dinner, I've been with a boy and he kissed me and then offered to drive me home. Crazy! I couldn't have said that. Obviously, I was going to let Jennie unnie know everything that happened and maybe Rosé unnie as well, but Jisoo unnie would surely going chastise me, so she mustn't know.
I came back to reality.
"She confuses me", I heard Jungkook say. "Like, really confuses me. She acts like she loves me at times, but mostly, she kind of ignores me. In a way...I mean..."
I leaned closer to his face and kissed him. I knew that we kissed many times despite not being a couple and it was kind of weird, but my instinct just told me to do it. Who cares about that girl anyways? Even if he will date her later, he is kissing me now.

***

We arrived in front of my house in just a few moments. All of the lights were off - at least that's what I hoped. But I could see the light on in the kitchen, and three shadows sitting at the table. I was in big trouble.