Part 19

Lisa's P.O.V
I was sincerely dumbfounded. Did he really mean that? Did he really want me to be his girlfriend? I was obviously going to say yes. I...loved him.
"Ah", I started, trying not to blush. "Well...sure. I'll be your girlfriend then."
He smiled as I hugged him, and wrapped his arms around me protectively.
"We'll have to go meet my parents once training is over today", he sighed. "They really want to know you, and talk to you about this gang thing."
"Okay, but...what about Jisoo, Jennie and Rosé? I can't just join a gang without them knowing", I said and kept looking away.
"Oh, trust me, they know. They're also joining", he continued. "We need more girls, not only one."
"Well...I guess I'll come with you. Not like I have a choice", I sighed. I turned around, took my bag and jacket, and prepared to leave.
"Wait", he said, pulling me back by my wrist. "I don't want you to do anything if you don't want to do it, Lisa. I'll solve this somehow, don't you worry."
He grabbed his phone and called someone. I hoped it wasn't his parents, but seems like I hoped for nothing.
"Mother, father", he said. "I have to talk to you."
"Yes, son", his mother said.
"So..." he began. "I...don't think I...want to do this gang thing anymore."
"Why not?" his mom asked, seeming shocked and disappointed at the same time.
"Well..." he began, but immediately stopped and sighed. "I...have a girlfriend."
"A GIRLFRIEND?!" his mom exclaimed. "What's her name?"
"Lisa", he said slowly.
"Lisa? She isn't even Korean, isn't she?"
"N-No, she's Thai. But I love her, mother. And..."
"And you wish to leave all of your business behind just for her."
"No, it's not that, it's-"
"Doesn't matter. Break up with her. This does not benefit you."
And so his mother hung up. He looked very sad, and so was I.
"Look, if your parents disagree with our relationship...maybe we really should take a break. I love you, but...it's better for you now."

And I left.