Part 10

Lisa's P.O.V.
I walked into the house looking down. I saw that the girls were watching a show and not paying attention, so I tried to sneak upstairs without them hearing me.
"Lisa!" I heard when the stairs screeched. Damn stairs...
I walked backwards, bit my lip and looked their direction.
"Yes?" I answered.
All three of them were looking at me like I've just committed a crime. I looked at the clock on the wall. 1:59am. Damn...they did have a reason to be mad, actually. They had to wait for me, this late. And we had dance practice the next morning at 9. What have I done?!
"Where have you been?" Jisoo said, sighing and getting up.
"I-I..." I began. I realized I couldn't find any excuse. All malls and stores are closed, and I don't know Korea well enough in order to go eat out without Jisoo and/or Rosé. I had to make everything up.

Jennie and Rosé came walking behind Jisoo, ready to lecture me, eventually.
"We're listening", Jisoo sighed.
"Well..."
I looked at the bare, white wall next to me, trying to think of something.
"The...CEO stopped me", I nodded.
"Oh, no!" Rosé exclaimed. She approached with a big hug, while Jisoo and Jennie just stood watching confusedly. "Are you okay? Is he mad at you or something?"
"No", I laughed. "He just wanted to know if I like Korea so far, and if I'm fitting in. Obviously, the change from Thailand is really sudden, so he worried about me."
They all seemed to calm down; I could tell by their facial expressions. I took a deep breath and continued.
"The discussion wasn't so important, but long though, so when I exited the building your car was not there anymore. I figured I couldn't ask the CEO to drive me home, so I asked Nayeon who was just passing by. She offered to drive me back home but-"
I stopped. I couldn't think of anything. Until...
"Her car broke down", I said, trying to seem dramatic. I frowned and looked down to be even more believable. "So we had to take an uber here."
I really hoped Jisoo unnie was better with the situation now.
"Oh, no! Poor Nayeon and her car. Well, I understand now", Jisoo said. "Go take a shower and then come downstairs; I've prepared kamjatang, your favorite. You poor thing..."

*30 minutes later*
I was ready to go to sleep. I've eaten and showered, and I was really tired.
"Lisa", I heard Jennie whisper.
"What?" I whispered back.
"Tell me what happened", she begged.
"W-What do you mean?" I asked, although I knew exactly what she meant.
"Lisa, don't pretend you don't know", she sighed. "I mean...you know. With that boy."
If Jisoo and Rosé were pretty easy to convince, Jennie was the exact opposite. She knew me pretty well although we didn't know each other in too long.
"W-Which boy?" I mumbled.
"Ummm, the boy that you were kissing?"

Oh, no. She knows! She saw it! But...did that mean Jisoo and Rosé saw it too, and they just let me lie like that? I couldn't believe it.

"Well...ummm...so basically, we keep meeting. Like, our paths keep crossing for some reason. And then we met in the morning...you know, you were there too, and...he tried to kiss me but I was too afraid and I rejected it. Then he tried again at night and...I-I didn't feel like rejecting it this time", I said.

"Woah", Jennie exclaimed. "Well, he obviously likes you."
"I-I don't think so", I sighed. "I'm pretty sure he's doing all of this just to..."
I didn't think what Jennie said was right, but what I was going to say, wasn't right either. So I just said nothing.
I went to sleep thinking about him. Why, though? I didn't get it. We had too many interactions today, and I felt somehow weird about it. A thought hit me. Am I falling for him?