Part 16

Lisa's P.O.V.
*5 minutes earlier*
As I ran after Jinyoung, I saw him run inside of a restaurant. The streets were really crowded despite the fact that it was so early in the morning, but I still found Jinyoung in the end. I couldn't just let him run away like that; even if he wasn't my lover.

*now*
When I got in front of the restaurant, I needed a moment to catch my breath before going inside. Besides, I was tired from running so much - and fast. I had to admit I was a little bit scared to go in there; I knew that Jinyoung was probably not going to have the patience to listen to my explanations. I mean, not like I had any, but still - he hated me now. Why didn't me and Jungkook be more attentive? I mean, obviously; nobody would expect Jinyoung popping out of nowhere at 7am, but still, what made us kiss in the middle of the street?! Anyways, this was my mistake, and I had to fix it, so I gathered all of my courage and walked inside. I found Jinyoung sitting at a table - and weirdly he was not alone. There was a girl next to him. She was wearing a black mask, and as I ran to their table, she took it off.

I was startled.
CHAENG!

"Chaeng!" I exclaimed. "What are you doing here?"
"No, honey", she started as she put the mask on the table next to her plate. "The question is, what are you doing here. You snuck out, didn't you?"
I looked down embarrassedly.
"Y-yes", I began. "I'm sorry about that."
There was a moment of awkward silence. I felt weird that I had to talk to Jinyoung in front of Chaeng.
"Sit, Lisa", she sighed after a while.
I sat next to Chaeng, still shivering. I didn't know what I was going to say. I've lost all of my thoughts, now that she was here too.
"So, you and Jungkook are secretly dating, aren't you?" Rosie asked, raising an eyebrow with seriosity.
I said nothing, just kept looking down. After all, we weren't dating; we just liked each other.
"Jinyoung here saw you on the street this morning", she continued. "And you were kissing!"
It sounded so weird to hear it from Chaeng, especially that she was pretty disappointed in me. She was kind of making everything worse.

"I-I'm sorry", Jinyoung. I said after a while. "I didn't mean to hurt you...but maybe I'm not the right one for you. I mean, since I hurt you, I'm pretty sure I'm not", I sighed looking up into his eyes.
"It's okay", he smiled warmly. "I learned my lesson."
"Did you learn yours as well, young lady?" Chaeng looked at me. She slightly reminded me of my mom, if only she wore glasses and loose dresses.
Just then, a thought came to my mind. There is someone destined for every person out there. If I'm not the one for Jinyoung, one of those pretty Korean idols must be. What if I tried to hook him up with someone so he could forget about me? That was a brilliant idea!
I smiled widely. "Lesson learned."