Part 20

Lisa's P.O.V.
As I was walking to the YG building, I kept looking back. I felt horrible about having to leave Jungkook like that right after I was officially his girlfriend, but I had to. I didn't want to cause him any trouble.
I felt my phone vibrate inside my purse.

"Hello?" Jennie said through the phone

"Yes, unnie?" I asked.
"You finally answered! We are so worried, where did you go without telling anyone? The building is closed today because Mr. Yang has a meeting, so dance practice is cancelled. Wanna go out?" she asked.
"Sure", I said, although I wasn't in the mood to go out. "I'll be home in 10 minutes."

*an hour later, in the restaurant*
"I'm glad practice is cancelled today", Jisoo said, sighing relievedly. "We really need to rest, it's very tiring to dance so many hours a day."
"I agree", Rosé nodded, concentrating on her bowl of noodles.
I just listened to them and ate, saying nothing. I just didn't feel like talking now.
"Lisa, why are you so quiet?" Jisoo unnie asked.
"Yeah, it's kind of weird", Jennie approved.
"Did anything happen?" Rosé asked curiously.
"No, I'm fine", I tried hard to smile.
I was going to tell Jennie unnie when it was time to sleep, but I didn't want Jisoo and Rosé unnies to know, because I knew they were going to exaggerate everything.

*at night*
"Lisa?" Jennie whispered as I was trying hard to fall asleep.
"Yes, Jennie unnie?" I answered, kind of pissed off for no reason.
"Tell me. What happened? Why were you so quiet all day? I'm pretty sure it's about Jungkook, but what exactly?" she asked.
"Well...he asked me to be his girlfriend."
"That's great! Why did that make you sad?"
"It's not only that, Jennie", I sighed. "It's that we want to be together, and we can't. Simply can't. His parents want him to keep his gang, but he wants to leave it because I don't want to join it."
"I know how it feels", Jennie sighed as well. "It's the same for me and Taehyung. My parents want me to join the gang, and his parents want him to keep it, but we don't want to do it, all we want is...to be together."
"Wait, what?!" I was shocked. "Did you say...Taehyung? Like...Jungkook's best friend?"
"Doesn't matter!" Jennie pouted.
I giggled to myself.
"All you have to do is wait, Lisa, that is my advice", Jennie said. "Everything will soon be solved."
Jennie was right. If Jungkook and I were meant for each other, the world was going to make it up to us sooner or later.

I fell asleep calmly.