A Wedding

Twins. They were a handful. Never a full moment in the Weasley household with the twins around, but boy were they a handful! After being born, the following weeks were a nightmare! In that first month alone, both boys took turns making porridge bowls fly or dirty nappies (diapers for you Americans) dance on the table. This was a problem, as they could never seem to stay still enough to be changed or fed. Another thing was, no one could tell them apart and it was as though they didn't want anyone to be able to tell them apart. Arthur had even gone as far as to write their initials on their head, but when he looked away for a moment and then back again, the initials were erased.

By the time they were one year old, they had caused more mayhem than Bill and Charlie put together and that was a lot of mayhem.

Upon turning two, the twin terrors had learned to walk and this was not good. They seemed to work as one and as a team, they were nightmares! If the twins wanted a cookie, for example, one twin would levitate the other and the levitating twin would grab the jar and sneak it into their room, where they would spend the morning or afternoon stuffing themselves with cookies. Sometimes they would even spend a while day in their bedroom.

Shortly before they turned three, exactly a month, in fact, Ronald Weasley was born. After four boisterous, mischievous boys and Percy, Mrs Weasley had longed for a girl, but it was not to be. Molly Weasley loved him all the same though, and was extremely overprotective of him, for he was, in her opinion, ever so frail.

In August, 1980, Lily Potter and James Potter visited the Weasleys, for they had just had a baby boy themselves. Harry and Ron seemed to get on wonderfully and when a nervous Molly introduced Fred and George, James just laughed.

"Boys after my own heart! Wonderful Molly! I just hope my boy turns out as wonderfully as yours. Invite Sirius and Remus over, they'd love to see your twins. Fellout with Peter, though, just after we graduated, not on the best of terms right now, are we Lilypad? "

"Hmm, oh, no, what was it about again Jamie? "

"Voldy, he wanted to join his side, I think it was the wine talking. We were celebrating because you said yes to my proposal!"

" Oh, are you two married? "

"Not yet, getting married at the end of August. That reminds me, we meant to invite you, but now we are here we can invite you in person!"

"Oh thank you, dears, we'd love to accept!"

"We meant to marry after graduation, but we had to cancel because of Peter, we thought we'd be safe and not invite him, I feel so bad, but even talking of joining his side and you could betray us at the first chance you got!" James said, shaking his head in sadness towards his former best friend and fellow marauder.

At the end of August, all Weasleys gathered in their best muggle clothes at a "church" and had a muggle wedding for Lily's parents and anyone who didn't know she was a witch. The only magical families there were James' and the Weasleys, oh and Sirius as best man and of course Remus. They were the only witches and wizards who had been invited to the muggle wedding. The magical guests would be at the official wizarding ceremony. They would then change into dress robes and dresses and meet at Potter Manor, where they would be officially wed as witches and wizards.

Two hours later, witches and wizards had gathered, from all over the country to attend the wedding of James and Lily. Once again, James had "hired" Sirius to be the best man. Everyone has a wonderful time, and no food was left untouched.

Fred and George had the chance to meet Sirius and Remus, who immediately took a liking to the twins. Molly had been worried about their behaviour, but they were as good as galleons, or so she thought. In fact they had found some pepper and mixed it in with the punch. Then they gave a glass to Sirius with the new and possibly improved recipe. As expected, he spat it half way across the floor and grinned, standing up.

"I'm going to get you two rascals! " Sirius cried as the twins sprinted across the room, then they nodded and split up.

"Damn, they're cleverer than I thought!" Sirius said.

"Who are, mate?" Asked James, smirking .

"Those Weasley twins, it seems like they can weasel themselves out of any problem! Pun intended James, pun intended!"

" What did they do? "

"Spiked my drink with pepper!"

"And they're only how old?"

" Four. " replied Sirius glumly.

"So you are saying to me you were bested by two four year olds! Maybe I should make the my new best friends! C'mon Sirius, you should be able to beat them!" It turned out it was impossible to defeat them. They always had another trick up their sleeves when they were confronted. At one point they somehow made themselves invisible, possibly finding and using James' invisibility cloak. Basically, the twins were too smart to be foiled by the maraudering duo.

The Weasleys and the Potters became much closer after that day and Molly would often take Ron, Fred and George over to Potter Manor, whilst the others were at school, so she could have some time to herself to cook and clean.

In September, the Weasleys and the Potters escorted Bill to platform 9 and 3/4. He has received his letter three months prior to this date. On the first of June, he had been the first Weasley child to receive his Hogwarts letter. Molly had somehow found the money to provide Bill with new robes and books and a new wand! Both families waved goodbye as Bill boarded the train and it left for one of the best schools in the whole wizarding world. After that, Bill sent letters home weekly and in turn, the Weasley children would write or, if they couldn't write, tell someone a line for them to write in a letter back to Bill. This was a weekly routine.

In November, the marauders made up with Peter. At Christmas the Potters announced that they were going into hiding. This meant that they couldn't meet up as often. Maybe once a month at the most. Professor Flitwick was going to teach them to do the charm so that the Potters could perform it once Christmas was over.