The Failing Fidelius Charm

Over the next week, the Potters hurried to find someone suitable to be their secret keeper. They still didn't trust Peter and Remus wasn't able to do it because of his furry problem and the Weasleys needed to keep their own family safe as it was. It was up to either Sirius or James himself. Sirius wasn't the type of person to want to go into hiding himself and hated the thought of being cooped up for weeks on end. James had to do it.

So at the end of the week, Flitwick taught them the charm and they performed it that night. "Et bene nobis abscondere bonum est abscondere nobis. James tantum Potter et scies ubi simus. 96 est numerus Godricus de mane usque ad solidum sed inane si secus super predictum est. Sit James transiet per informationem eorum, ut speramus! The two chanted and anyone who had ever known the address of number 96 Godrics Hollow, has no trace of it in their memory.

Before they went into hiding, James told a select few people his address including the Weasleys, Peter, Sirius and Remus.

Unfortunately, even though they couldn't tell anyone the address they could still write it down to pass it into someone else. Remember Peter and his drunken oath to join old Voldy? Well it wasn't the firewhiskey that made him say that, what he spoke of was the truth and now he could give Voldy the address. That was exactly what the filthy traitor did (he was literally filthy).

So on Halloween night of 1981, Harry Potter was orphaned when Voldemort struck his hideout. Both Hagrid and Sirius sped to the house to retrieve Harry and Sirius got there first. However, he was an emotional wreck and couldn't stop sobbing.

"Harry you're coming with me!" Sirius said.

"Doggie!" Harry cried to the amusement of Sirius, cheering the man up slightly.

The first place they went was the burrow. The twins raced to meet Harry as Sirius. Molly met him at the door and took Harry in her arms. She was two weeks pregnant now with a baby girl at last (but she didn't know this). Then she didn't notice as Fred and George levitated Harry up to their room (they had gotten extremely good at levitation now and it was their go-to spell for a lot of things).

"Sirius, Dumbledore called and told me you had taken Harry without consent!"

"Dumbledore doesn't know anything! James would have wanted me to raise Harry, me and Remus!" Sirius growled through his tears.

Meanwhile, upstairs, Fred and George were in their room with Harry, they had just discovered his cool lightning bolt scar on his forehead. "Do you think?" Began George.

"That he remembers?" Fred continued.

"Everything?" They said in unison to Charlie.

"Maybe. But probably not." Replied Charlie, leaving the room to get hot cocoa.

"Thanks for the tea Molly!" Sirius could be heard saying to Molly.

"No problem, dear!" Molly replied kindly.

"Where's Harry! Oh my God I'm a failure as a parent already!" Sirius cried frantically, "I'm irresponsible and a pranker, what do I know about parenting!"

"Sirius calm down! He's here somewhere!"

"Mum?"

"What now? l am busy Charlie!"

 "I know where Harry is."

 "Where?"

 "With the twins!"

 "Oh merlin, he is doomed!"

 " Molly, what harm could two four year old boys do? " Mrs Weasley glares as if to say, do you really need to ask that question.

 "Ok, you may have a point!" Sirius hurried up the stairs and into the room which the twins shared. Harry was on the ceiling, crawling on his hands and knees.

 "Wa'nt me!" The twins protested.

 "All by 'imself. It were magic!" They said again.

Sirius shook his head in disbelief, these two were going to cause everyone trouble. Oh God what was he thinking! Two weeks ago, he would have been the irresponsible one.

 "Now Molly, I must be going to find Remus and tell him of our predicament. Oh no! I'm sounding responsible!" Sirius said with disgust as he flooed to Black Manor.