Memoria Spell

Fred and George dragged their friend through the corridors of Hogwarts and to Dumbledore's office.

"Cauldron cakes!" The duo cried and pulled Jay onto the spiralling stairway. Their headmaster was waiting for them.

"Are you ready? As soon as I leave wave your wand and say memoria, pointing at her as you say it. I can't be in the same place until the spell has been cast, otherwise I'll be pulled into her memories too. If at any time you need say relinquo and you will come to in the hospital wing. There is a chance this won't work, you have been warned!" The elderly man stepped out of the room and closed the doors behind him.

"Memoria!" Fred cried, pointing his wand at Jay who had no idea of what was going on.

It worked.

They found themselves in a bright purple room. Two adults were cooing over a 15 month old baby. A 3 year old toddler walked in with a stuffed rabbit. "Look mamá!" She said as the toy flew up into the air. The adults they presumed to be the parents looked at the girl in shock.

The scene swapped to a five year old girl wearing a uniform and backpack. "Be good Jay and try to make some friends." The mother said outside a village school. Jay walked into a classroom with five or six other children. A bubbly teacher greeted her at the door, showing her where to put her bag and coat. Jay sat down next to another girl and the teacher wrote My Summer Holiday on the blackboard. She handed out books and told them to write about what they did in their summer holidays.

As the scene swapped from scene to scene, looks of recognition started to appear on the young girl's face.

The scene changed to a young girl of around eight sitting underneath a tree in her garden playing guitar and singing beautifully.

"I see it far away
In the distance on the horizon
I often wonder why it is
That I can only see it

Across the hills and far away
I find a house upon the moors
It stands there
Oh oh oh

I am the only one
That knows it's there
I've often said about
The queer house upon the hill

Across the hills and far away
I find a house upon the moors
It stands there
Oh oh oh

I've never seen anything
So strange in all my life
It's just like magic
'Cept I know there's no such thing

I just know it is there
I'm not imagining nothing
Oh oh the hills far away
I know there's a queer house

Across the hills and far away
I find a house upon the moors
It stands there
Oh oh oh

Just out of reach I find a house
A house that is there
Standing tall
Standing proud upon the moors

There's a house
Just right there
Oh oh

Oh a house standing there
Oh a house that's standing there
I find a house
That's standing there"

"That song," Jay said suddenly, "I remember it! I remember everything! I'm a witch!"

"Relinquo!" Fred said and just as their headmaster had said, they woke in the hospital wing. It had been just over 12 hours and it was now Sunday. The twins turned to Jay, "Jay, your singing..."

"Was terrible, I know!" The girl said in embarrassment and turned a bright red.

"No! It was amazing!" The twins said in unison. Jay blushed and smiled shyly at the two brothers who both wore looks of awe on their faces. The trio got up and headed towards the door to go and get some lunch. They tried to leave but the stern mediwitch caught them and stopped them from leaving.

"Do you know how dangerous that spell was?" She scolded the students. Both boys looked unfazed but Jay looked down at her feet.

"Dumbledore suggested it." Fred said and the woman tutted in agitation.

"That man is going to cause someone's death one of these days!" She mumbled under her breath but still loud enough for them to hear her.

"Please can we go now?"

"Oh, alright then!" She said after much hesitation and a sigh.

"Jay please can you sing for us?" Fred and George pleaded their friend, giving her their cutest puppy dog eyes. "We'll let you in on a secret!"

"Tell me the secret first!"

"You drive a hard bargain, missy!" Jay glared at them reminding them of their mother last summer when the woman had found the family car in the pond. They cracked. They couldn't help it!

"We stole some dungbombs from the headmaster! We are planning on setting them off in the halls." The two explained, almost waiting for her approval. It came.

"I'll be there!" She said with a grin. The boys looked at her expectantly. "Fine but let's go somewhere private." They found themselves in an empty classroom on the third floor.

"I close my eyes and I can see
A world that's waiting up for me
That I call my own
Through the dark , through the door
Through where no one's been before
But it feels like home

They can say they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say they can say I've lost my mind
I don't care I don't care so call me crazy
We can live in a world that we design

Cause every night I lie in bed
The brightest colours fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

There's a house we can build
Every room inside is filled
With things from far away
The special things I compile
Each one there to make you smile
On a rainy day

They can say, they can say it all sounds crazy
They can say, they can say we've lost our minds
I don't care, I don't care if they call us crazy
Runaway to a world that we design

Every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

However big, however small
Let me be part of it all
Share your dreams with me
You may be right, you may be wrong
But say that you'll bring me along
To the world you see
To the world I close my eyes to see
I close my eyes to see

Every night I lie in bed
The brightest colors fill my head
A million dreams are keeping me awake
A million dreams, a million dreams
I think of what the world could be
A vision of the one I see
A million dreams is all it's gonna take
A million dreams for the world we're gonna make

For the world we're gonna make"

Jay finished her song and turned to see many students outside the window including staff. She widened her eyes in terror and left the room with her head down. Students from each house including Slytherin followed her through the corridors.

"Do another song!" They pleaded her.

"Please!" They begged as she reached her common room. She whispered the password and closed the portrait door quickly behind her, racing up to her dormitory.

At dinner she cautiously made her way down to the great hall. Everywhere she went, eyes stared at her. The twins and Lee waved her over and she joined them.

"There's the girl with the voice!"

"Such a beautiful voice!"

Jay sat down and a few moments later the food appeared. The talk immediately turned to her.

"...that first year Gryffindor..."

"...should have been there..."

"Sorry Jay. They'll stop talking about it in a few days." The twins reassured her apologetically. After all they had wanted her to sing and now the whole school knew, even the people who hadn't been there.