Introducing the Weasleys

Molly Weasley was a witch and an extraordinary one at that. Arthur Weasley was her husband and could do wonders with a wand.

They were both from magical families, making them pureblood. Some wizards would boast of their blood purity and make it known that they thought muggles (non magic folk) should not be allowed to attend Hogwarts and other magical schools. The most famous of these was a man named Salazar Slytherin, who also happened to be a founder of Hogwarts. These other witches and wizards were not the Weasleys. In fact, you probably couldn't find a better family anywhere! Unfortunately, many pureblood families would call the Weasleys blood traitors. In spite of all this, the Weasleys would ignore these snide comments and get on with their lives.

By 1978, the Weasleys had three children and were now expecting a fourth. That fourth would surprise them all when it turned out that the child was actually a fourth and a fifth! And so on the 1st of April, 1978, our story begins!

On that morning out story begins, Mrs Weasley was in painful labour, for some reason the pain relieving potions wouldn't work, no matter how many she took, she was still in immense pain. Mrs Weasley only knew of two ways that a pregnancy pain relieving potion wouldn't work. Either she was expecting twins and needed it to be twice as strong, or it wasn't brewed properly. Mrs Weasley didn't know she was expecting two babies, so she obviously went with the second one.

After two hours of pain, Mrs Weasley finally have birth to a healthy boy, but mere moments later, she went into labour again, to another baby boy. Molly was in shock, she hadn't prepared for twins! Soon she got over her initial shock and found herself cradling the two boys in her arms to sleep.

Two days after the birth of Fred and George, Molly finally allowed her three other children to meet the newest additions to the family. This led to the boys racing in to meet their mother, and when I say racing, I mean, Bill and Charlie ran in and tripped over, Percy, on the other hand, calmly stepped over his brothers.

William Arthur Weasley was the eldest child. Everyone called him Bill, however. He resembled his father when Arthur Weasley was in his youth, with bright orange hair and piercing blue eyes. Bill was quite tall for his age and very skinny. Molly Weasley always insisted that he ate more, but he could never manage more than what was in his plate. The boy attended the local muggle school and excelled in his learning. This made Bill, the "muggle expert" in the household, as Molly and Arthur never attended a muggle school and Charlie and Percy were too young at the moment, though Charlie would be joining his big brother in September.

Charlie Septimus Weasley was the second eldest and had the signature ginger hair of the Weasleys, he looked up to Bill (literally too) as a role model. Charlie was very fond of animals and wanted to be a Dragon tamer when he grew up, not that Mrs Weasley was fond of it, she thought it was two dangerous a job for her "precious" little boy.

Percy was, in terms of appearance, a lot like his brothers, but personality wise, nowhere close! He acted more like a grown up than a little boy, and knew too many things that he shouldn't. He was already ahead of Percy at reading and acted like a walking and (unfortunately) talking dictionary. At two, yes two, the boy already had a vast knowledge of things even his parents didn't know! Percy was not that popular and couldn't seem to make friends in the muggle village. Instead he often scared them away!

"Ahh, mother! You have laboured two male Homo Sapiens into our life!" He said, Bill and Charlie looked at Percy in confusion.

"She has given birth to two male humans!" Percy sighed as though it was obvious , which it was, but only to him.

His older brothers groaned, "Percy, don't do anymore of those experiments!" Bill said glancing over at Percy, who was waving a toy of Fred's head, who in turn levitated Percy up into the air.

"But-"

"No Percy!" Bill responded, as soon as his younger brother had learnt to walk and talk he had started to experiment in his brothers. At the age of two, he could already control his magic and used it to discover his brothers reactions to certain things. Bill described him as an evil psychotic mastermind, Mrs Weasley described him as a genius, and Bill had muttered under his breath that he was an evil genius. Arthur just kept out of it, but he secretly agreed with Bill.

Then when Percy was safely on the floor, Charlie asked the big question. "Where do babies come fwom mama?" Disturbingly , Percy knew the answer.

"Well, Charlie, I'll explain it to you using words that you can understand. A mummy and a daddy-"

"Alright Percy, that's enough!" Mrs Weasley said, horrified that he knew.

" But mama, he was just about to be useful! " Charlie protested.

"Now boys, there are some things you shouldn't know at your age. Percy where did you find that out?" Molly said sternly.

"Sirius Black-" Percy said simply.

"When I get a hold of that boy!" Threatened the angry woman.

"Said he wouldn't tell me and I shouldn't be asking those questions and so I went to look in the library and found a book entitled BABIES." Percy continued.

Molly Weasley turned a bright red. "Well, erm, ask before looking through the library Percy."

Mrs Weasley then shooed the children out of the room, deciding she needed some sleep. It was at that moment that Percy found himself with a purple bottom. He didn't know that it was the twins, who had already found their love of pranking. If babies could talk Fred and George would have said: "And so it begins..."

What begins exactly is a mystery, but we know almost for certain that they would mean pranking. So yes, so it does begin, lives of mischief and pranking, bringing the whole family to their wits end.