Pappa-Papparaazi

Hey guys!! I tried doing a different kind of OS. I was inspired by the writer of Michevious Mrs. Maxfield on Wattpad as she did something similar with the end of her book. Hope you like it!

Also, the title is inspired from Lady Gaga's song Papparazzi. I think it perfectly suited this OS!!

OS#8: Pappa-Papparazzi

In this month's issue of the Mumbai Timeline, Shalini Malhotra gets up, close and personal with handsome artist, Omkara Singh Oberoi in her popular section on Art and Entertainment below.

A Tale of a Village Beauty and a Handsome Beast

by Shalini Malhotra

When news broke out of Omkara Singh Oberoi's secret marriage to a village belle in Bareilly five years ago, the country was frantic to know who had beat millions of women to steal the heart of this handsome, mysterious and quiet Oberoi. The public was fascinated by their very own real life Disney princess who had charmed the hearts of one of the most eligible bachelors in India, and Gauri Kumari Sharma has not only lived up to the media's expectations, she has exceeded them.

I remember my first interaction with her years ago in one of her husband's Art exhibitions where the shy, timid, girl in her, had mixed up the reporter's English and had made a fool of herself.

She has come a long way since.

Learning English, setting up various charitable organizations for orphaned children, sending molesters to jail, spreading awareness by fashion show appearances and matching her husband's step for step in the family business are only a handful of things that have made the public fall in love with the middle Mrs. Oberoi. With their life constantly displayed in the public tabloids, it is hard to imagine them living a down-to-earth lifestyle. But, Gauri's simple white salwar kameez and her casual yet warm greetings when I walk into their spacious garden behind the expanses of the mansion make me realize that for the world she may have become an Oberoi, but on the inside, she is still the simple, naive village beauty from Bareilly.

We settle down in the relaxed atmosphere of the majestic Oberoi Mansion and munch on cookies and hot tea when I catch a knowing look between Omkara and his wife and something about glucose biscuits and chai. This is interesting I think, as my team and I fidget with a list of questions intended to direct the conversation for the article that I am supposed to type up later in the day. But, anybody who knows Gauri, knows that the conversation will flow in the direction she lets it. Candidness takes a front seat as both Omkara and I can't help but smile at the woman's unique use of words and her animated gestures while speaking.

Om absentmindedly rubs Gauri's back as she talks through the antics that she has been upto with the other Obahus and I can't help but sigh. Five years later and the fairytale couple of Mumbai are still very much in love.

Shalini: Is this how you spend your Sundays? Just at home in the garden or with family?

Omkara: Yup, most of the time when one of us isn't travelling, we spend time with family. It is better than any vacation that I can have.

Gauri: (rubbing Om's knee and smiling). He is right, although sometimes I'd love to take a holiday to Bareilly and just spend some time home with Ma.

Omkara: (with a surprised look at his wife) But you just went last week...

Gauri: (rolling her eyes at her husband) One day is not enough Omkara ji. (pauses). I promise to take you with me the next time and I'll get you to taste the pani puri at Sharma ji's stall. Last time you were way too sick to eat them...