Words of Fire: Part 2

Here you go guys! Maybe not an ending that ya'll expected, but I felt it was right for the progression of the story in this two shot. There is no way Om would feel all regret and love at the same time and there was no way Gauri would forgive him in an instant. So, I chose to leave it at a point where it was a sort of truce and a hope for a new beginning. Just my take on things!

________________________________________

OS: Words of Fire Part 2

Om was pacing outside the operating room with his thoughts running a millions miles a minute. Anger, sadness, pain, worry, anguish and most of all guilt. Guilt for playing such a big hand in creating this situation. Tearing guilt for putting her through thoughts that he knew were dangerous and crippling. And finally guilt for believing the worst in people when all his life he had preached trust and truth.

"Jo karna hai karo. Zeher kha ke mar jao I don't care."

A shaking shiver of piercing pain peeled through the false layers of ego and aloofness that he had piled on himself. How dare he say that, suggest that? How dare he put someone through the same hell that he had been saved from time and again? As soon as he said those fatal words, he had regretted it.

Instantly.

He could see the raw pain on her face when it plunged through her like knife through skin. He could see her crumble into herself with the thought of his nonchalance.

He could have stopped and taken back his words. He could have told her that he didn't mean it. That living life without her was next to impossible after the way she had infiltrated his very being with her chirpy Chulbul-y self. How she had been fearless and faithful when he hadn't. How she had been his pillar and his cheerleader when he grew frustrated and distraught. He could have said all those things...everything...anything that could have stopped what she was about to do. He knew fully well what he had left her to and yet he left. Without changing his words, without caring what they meant, without worrying about the effect his carelessness had had on the poor innocent girl in front of him.

How could he?

When had he changed into a man who was so rooted to his hatred that the lines of right and wrong were far beyond his reach? He wasn't like this. He was never like this. He was the one who found the best in people and trusted without apprehension. He was the one who thought from his soul not from the treacherous lies of his mind. Then, when had things changed so drastically? When had he become the villain of his own story, where his heroine ran away from him instead of running to him for safety?

She hadn't deserved this. He knew that. And tears rolled down his eyes just imagining what horrific turmoil she had been through before taking the pills of her own accord. What had she been thinking? And why had she been thinking this way? Had she been so weak as to end her life just because he asked her to or had he made her so weak that she couldn't see any other choice? She didn't deserve this. She may have been greedy and twisted, but she wasn't evil. She didn't deserve this.

"Doctor, how is she?"

Through the misty vision of his dripping tears, he saw Shivaay nod as the doctor began to speak. He couldn't hear anything. All he could see was a slight sigh of relief and a firm pat on the back before the doctor walked away. And for the first time in six months, he felt his shoulders droop and his heart quiver with the release of weight from his body. For the first time in six months, he began to smile through his tears and pray to the Almighty above for his grace. Gauri's Shankar ji. If you're listening, then thank you for letting her live. I promise that I will not let her take what you have given her again. I will protect her.