The Suitcase Part 1: The Letter :/

Hi Guys!!!!!

So, I might do a 3 or 4 part OS depending on how well received this part is. I was rewatching the episodes right after the confession and I felt like proper justice was not done to the misunderstandings/redemption that all of us wished Omkara-Gauri had gotten in their story. But no fear when I am here! I have written my version how how things finally become 'normal' for them. (in other words, how they sort through the past misunderstandings and how Om clears Gauri's doubts that she had during the Dilpreet track.) 

So, without further ado, here is the first Part. It is kind of sad, but it does get much better. So, bear with me!!!

_________________

The Suitcase Part 1

The Letter :/

Late at night in the mansion, Om crept back from his Art studio in the left wing to his room. Guilt crowded his mind. Ever since the boys had returned from Goa and the Piya fiasco had ended, he had drowned himself in work to catch up for the Art exhibition that was right around the corner. Not to mention, he hadn't been able to spare any time for his wife and love of his life, Gauri Kumari Sharma. They had been married for months now, but, the love that surged in his heart every time he saw her felt fresh and exciting. It had been two weeks since they had returned from Bareilly and he knew now that she was the best thing that had ever happened to him. She was like ice to the raging teenage angst that had threatened to wreck his life. And with all the issues that he had dealt with in the past year, he didn't know how he could have done it without her.

As he crept to the bed where his chirayya lay fast asleep, he smiled and sat beside her. God he missed her. In the two weeks since they had come back, things just happened to tumble all around them, giving no time to them for talk. And then his Art exhibition deadlines left him with no choice but to push his personal priorities to the backseat. Of course, Gauri had been way too nice and way too understanding throughout this whole process, but he could see the longing in her eyes. It hurt him.

Staring at the miracle in front of him, he reached over, placed a fleeting kiss in her forehead and watched as she smiled and turned over in her sleep. A flood of happiness warmed him from the inside out in knowing that he too had a person he could unconditionally love for the rest of his life.

That's right. The rest of his life. No more arguments or misunderstanding or anger. No more hurt and pain. It was only going to be love from here on out. Only love for his wife who deserved every bit of it and some more.

After a moment or two, he went to his cupboard for a change of clothes when his eyes caught sight of a bag. It was hidden underneath all of the clothes that had been neatly folded on Gauri's side of the closet. He instantly recognized the faded blue color and the various Salman Khan stickers as a witness to his wife's undying love for the star. Chuckling, he assumed that Gauri must have left the suitcase underneath her clothes because she could not reach the shelves higher up where they normally kept the luggage. Gauri will be Gauri, always thinking she can handle things on her own when her 6 feet husband is here ever ready to help her. Still, he smiled and bent to reach the suitcase assuming it to be light and empty. However, when he picked it up, he felt it heavy and full of things that rumbled inside as the suitcase moved with him. Shocked and curious, he lifted the suitcase to keep it aside when it collapsed on the floor in a mess and spewed its contents all over the floor. Om's eyes widened in fear of waking his wife up from her sleep and so he turned in her direction. Gauri had not moved. After making sure she was comfortably asleep, he began to gather her things from the suitcase.

He absentmindedly began placing the salwars back when he noticed that they were the ones that Gauri had brought with her from Bareilly. Where are the clothes that I gifted her? Om wondered. But, he shook the thought away and began gathering the earrings that fell from the little pouch of jewelry decorated pom poms the way his wife liked. He found, again, only the jewelry that she owned before they were married. None of the jewelry that his mother and his Daadi had given her was in here. He wondered why.