Chapter 5: The Slender

Of all the creatures of Hell, Priscilla have never seen anything like the person in front of her. Rail thin limbs, smoothed-over facial features, an angular jaw, skin a startling shade of alabaster, and a height that lessened the longer she studied him. He dressed surprisingly formal in a black suit, a crisp white button up, and dull leather shoes. His face, which Priscilla's eyes seemed most interested in, appeared to be relaxing and releasing its angry tightness. When all his anger had disappeared, he cocked his head to the side as if mulling over a thought in his head he was confused about.

"You did not run," it deep bass voice announced its observation out loud, devoid of any sensible Power.

"As abnormal as you are, in my profession, I've seen stranger," Priscilla stated, knocking her hood back off her head. "I also can't leave this circle, I'm not heartless enough to abandon you in your current state."

He seem taken aback by Priscilla's appearance, Was he expecting a hag? Maybe a child? Had I Changed and not noticed? Priscilla checked my form as his head turned slightly to peer down at the roots still wrapped around his body. As his face lift back to Priscilla's he asked, "Are these still necessary?"

"Quite," Priscilla replied respectively before explaining the why. "They're an insurance policy to insure that the others in the vicinity don't leave."

Priscilla hadn't noticed the slight ringing in her ears but now it was starting to annoy her greatly. Priscilla rubbed at her ears and shook her head in a failed attempt to stop it. The creature notice all of this and seemed to be taking a pleasure in it. Priscilla tore her eyes away from the man, the ringing stopping immediately.

"So," Priscilla began to say, blinking off the aftertaste the ringing left in her brain. "You got a name?"

"You don't know who I am?" He seemed to look at Priscilla as if she had a hole in her head.

"If I'd known your name I wouldn't have wasted my breath with asking for it," the smartass remark leaked out as Priscilla's face became emotionless.

"Slender...Slender Man," the name hung in the air a moment, as if waiting for some sudden strong reaction that it would never reserve, before he spoke again. "Now yours?"

"Priscilla, but I'm barely ever called by it nowadays," she answered, dropping her illusion to reveal her cloak. "They call me Death, ring any bells?"

"An angel."

"Yes, but that's only a part of the answer, Mr. Slender. You'll have to find me for the rest."