Chapter 10: The Sorting and Scents

Priscilla had kind of zoned out while she inhaled three plates full of scrambled eggs and bacon along with two cups of coffee. Priscilla was at her limit for Souls and was trying to Sort a few of them so she wouldn't feel so overfilled. Of course her guests found that extremely rude and called her out on it, "Death!" Priscilla practically fell backwards in her chair in an attempt to save her eardrums from their hollering. When all four legs of the chair were back on the floor Priscilla's hands went immediately to the table. Priscilla placed a hand over her slow beating heart and tried her best to return it to its natural stillness.

"What?" Priscilla screamed at the same volume.

"You were spacing out pretty bad, Kitten," Offendy explained.

"Sorry, I was Sorting at the table," Priscilla apologized like a kid caught with their hand in a cookie jar. "It just, I have so many Souls. They were causing me to feel really bloated and blocking out your presents was the only way I could concentrate enough to Sort some of they out."

Offender seem pleased with the admittance almost as much as Slender was. Before Offender could ask, "What about us exactly is so distracting?" Priscilla was up out of her seat. Priscilla considered her answer as she moved towards the sink.

"I don't mean for this to sound offensive, but your Scents are strangely overpowering," Priscilla replied after placing her dish in the sink.

Slendy and Offender glanced at each other across the table. Priscilla turned in time to witness the tail end of the exchange and braced her hands against the edge of the counter. Slender appeared to be impressed, but Priscilla couldn't be sure. He was harder to read compared to Offender. Smexy had this suspicious smirk stretched across his lip, a look normally used by Lucy, as he rose from his chair and advanced Priscilla's position.

"Now you've made me quite curious, Kitty Cat," Smexy purred, causing Priscilla to go statue still, as his arms caged her in. "What exactly do I smell like that's so distracting?"

Priscilla was breathing heavily through her mouth, as a means to save her nose from the discomfortingly delicious aroma of the slightly less desirable brother, to calm herself. Priscilla succeeded in swallowing the gag that crawled up the walls of her throat before she dared to speak.

"You smell like the perfume department at Macy's mixed with the lust, sweat, and cigarette smoke of the Seventh Circle," Priscilla elaborated, heaving herself up on to the ledge of the sink.

The answer seemed to satisfy Smexy for a moment before he asked, "What about the skeleton behind me?" Priscilla's gaze went to Slender who appeared to be mental stabbing Offender in the back. Priscilla's head automatically tilted to the side in confusion. Offender seemed annoyed at Priscilla's lagging response and made an attempt at her arms.

"A bonfire party gone wrong," at the sound of Priscilla's voice Offender froze in place. "Sweet copper blood and the musk of pine mingled with earthy soil. Consuming fire soothed by rain."