Chapter 8: The Offender

Priscilla woke up in her bed fully aware that wasn't where she had fallen asleep. Priscilla smiled at the memory of Lucy's threat but dropped it like a hot potato when she began to wonder how long she had been asleep. Priscilla hurried to her closet to ditch her hoodie and pulled on a tank top and cardigan. Priscilla was hopping around the room trying to pull on a pair of skinny jeans when her cell began blaring Tocata & Fugue in D Minor. After rebounding from a possibly spastic moment, Priscilla retrieved her phone from the dresser and scrolled through the sixty-six text messages she had slept through. All of them read the same, You awake yet, Kitty?, except for the last, I know you're up, Kitty. I can hear you stomping around like a fucking elephant up there. Slender's here to see you, he brought a friend, want me to send him up?

Please, but tell them to use the door. Priscilla wrote back locating her Rod in the mess of sheets that was her bed. Priscilla stuffed her phone in her back pocket and with a twist lessened the bulk of the Rod to more of a Wand. As Priscilla padded her way to the kitchen, Priscilla secured the Wand behind ear. Priscilla snuck a glance at the celestial calendar on her refrigerator before opening one of the doors and snatching a prepackaged danish for a quick breakfast. Priscilla threw the sorry excuse for a pastry on the table as she went to make herself some coffee. As the liquid trickled into the pot, Priscilla searched for her favorite almond toffee Lucy always bought her after a big sleep like now.

"One second!" Priscilla hollered from the kitchen after a knock at the door.

Priscilla closed her eyes and envisioned the entrance and with a flick of her wrist she heard the door swing open and smack against the wall. Priscilla reached back and gave herself a little pat on the back. Priscilla could hear murmured conversation between two voices, Slender's rumbling baritone and a more husky bass. Priscilla listened as one of them closed the door while the other advanced her location. Priscilla was sipping at her coffee with her feet in the chair when a rose so dark a red it was practically black found itself before her. Priscilla set down her mug gently on the table with her eyes transfixed on the flower the whole time.

"Go on," the voice urged seductively, Power lancing the suggestion in a way that made Priscilla's body heat up. "It's for you. Take it."

Priscilla breath hitch in her chest as warm air swept across the back of her neck, bring to her attention to how close he was to her. Priscilla unfocused her vision to see a pulsating silver String. Priscilla reached back to her ear and lifted out the Wand to allow her hair slide over her ear. Priscilla twirled the Wand in between her fingers, muttering a unbinding spell, as she careful took the plant's stem with her thumb and forefinger. As the String hung suspended in midair between his finger and the rose, Priscilla sent a spark of Power to her Wand and cut clean through the String. Priscilla smirked as the man's hand quivered before balling into a fist so tight his knuckles turned white.

"Thank you..." Priscilla trailed off, waiting for him to offer up his name.

"Offender," he growled deep in his throat, him tone still seductive but void of Power. "But you Kitten can call my Smexy."

"Well, Offender," Priscilla started to say as she turned in her chair. "Thank you so very much for the lovely rose. No Strings attached, right?"

The man that loomed over Priscilla now was nothing like the one that stood a ways away in his office apparel. Offender was a different beast altogether. For one, they dressed totally different. Where as Slender wore a suit. Offender rocked a fedora, trenchcoat, low ride pants, and combat boots. Using the flower to tilt his head to ether side, Priscilla noted the long dark hair tied at the back of the neck and milk chocolate eyes that stayed locked on Priscilla's face. The only reoccurring trait between the two would be their strong jawlines.

"I'm afraid so Kitty Cat," Smexy fake frowned down at Priscilla. "You and Lucy are just too smart for me."

"And you're a bit more informed of my situation than Slender was at his start," Priscilla stated, placing the rose behind her ear.

"You'll just be easier to hold on certain days of the month," Offendy pointed out. "By the calendar of your refrigerator, my first chance will be in twelve days."

Priscilla smiled at that but it was ruined by the snarl that ripped its way through her empty stomach. Offender raised an eyebrow at the sound then shook his head at Priscilla's 'breakfast'. Offender grabbed the danish off the table and chucked it in the trash as he passed. At some point, Slender had teleported into the chair behind Priscilla.

"How did you know about the String?" Slendy asked, yanking Priscilla's attention away from Smexy removing his coat.

"I saw it," Priscilla replied, picking up her coffee mug. "I just had to try harder."

Slender ended the conversation there and turned his hard eyes to Offender puttering about the kitchen. Priscilla continued to stare at Slender, she had yet to understand his need the evaded the questions that he wanted to ask but wouldn't. Priscilla wasn't going to push him. I push when I want answers not when other people want answers from me, Priscilla defended herself mentally. Despite her best efforts to not stare at how Offender's muscles rippled as he cooked up the bacon he'd found somewhere in Priscilla's fridge, Priscilla found herself accidentally committing the crime several times. Can you really blame her, there was a living breathing bare chested Adonis making breakfast right in front of her?

"I'm so dead," Priscilla swooned, dropping her head on the table.

_______________________________________________________

I WAS ON A ROLL. I JUST COULDN'T STOP WRITING.
PICTURE BY JaneZam OF deviantART.