Chapter 6: The Touch

It had been a fortnight. A week since Priscilla teleported out of the forest and straight into her closed shower door. When Lucy had confronted Priscilla a few nights later about breaking the promise, it was Lucy's expression after Priscilla had explained the parts of the night Lucy's had missed that had Priscilla up the rest of the week Googling ever crumb of information on this "Slender Man". Priscilla found a lot, apparently this guy was pretty popular. Most of the photos Priscilla found were clearly Photoshoped, others hand-drawn illustrations by amateur arts with some serious talent. Priscilla watched every YouTube video that hinted at his name, those included gameplay, speed paints, animated vine and meme compilations,  documentaries, and some thing call Marble Hornet...

Priscilla was in the sparring room Lucy and her shared since it took up the whole south wing of their beach side mansion. Lucy occupied the ground floors while Priscilla lived in the upper, leaving the middle for guests or sleepovers during a full or new moon unlike tonight. Lucy had been trying to convince Priscilla to forget about Slender and enjoy knocking a few demons around the mat but she couldn't.

I'm now officially obsessed with a entity not of Heaven or Hell, Priscilla thought as Lucy boosted her in the air with interlocked fingers so Priscilla could bat another imp out of the air with a training staff. On Priscilla's way down out of the air, an archdemon decided to grab one of Priscilla's ankles and throw her against the mats below on her chest. Believe me when I say being slammed on your boobies from fourteen feet by a guy with the strength of Hulk hurts more than getting kicked in the balls for men.

"That wasn't very smart," Priscilla groaned as black veins raced down her slim leg then up him hand and arm, reaching his chest. "See you in hell, dumbass."

"Stop," Lucy ordered after the man collapsed at Priscilla's feet, the amount of Power in the word making Priscilla's heart still for several beats before Lucy spoke to Priscilla personally. "The girls okay, Kitty?"

"Fine," Priscilla snorted, adjusting her rode up spandex shorts and sports bra. "Nothing serious."

"Why don't you go caught a shower and get some sleep, you look like the dead?" Lucy suggested while Priscilla retrieved her hoodie hanging not too far away.

With a much deserved middle finger raised to Lucy for her end comment, Priscilla exited the room and made her way down the hall. Priscilla trudged up the stairs, flipping up her hood and pulling the zipper up to hide any exposed skin. Priscilla was horribly lost in her thoughts by the time she got to her rooms, the only entrances were the main door and four pairs of French doors that lead to size varying balconies.

Speaking of balconies, Priscilla's autopiloted body had her opening one of the French sets and in the pouring rain before she could eject herself from her subconscious. By the time Priscilla was aware of her surroundings, Priscilla's clothes were soaked through and she was standing on the stone safety wall that held boxes filled with different colored lilies and overlooked a thirty foot drop to the front door and acres of evergreen trees. Priscilla lowered herself to sit on the wall Chris-cross-applesauce with her elbows on her knees and chin in her hands. Priscilla tapped her fingers against her cheeks as she scanned the view.

A ghostly looking business man in a black suit, white shirt, and a red tie stood in front of the gate to the home unbothered by the rain. His black hair was slicked back save for a lock that hung above his hypnotic powder eyes which were now glaring at Priscilla for not plummeting to her not so possible death, a grimace forming on his lips. Priscilla smirked at him and waved teasingly before blinking. Teleportation ability, confirmed, Priscilla thought and checked it off her mental list when she saw the man was gone, leaving not a single gain of sand disturbed where he had been standing.

"Now about that shower..." Priscilla trailed off, swinging her legs over to the safer part of the balcony.

Priscilla strolled to the closest bathroom with not a care in the world except warm water and her lavender scented all-in-one. Immediately after exiting the shower, Priscilla wrapped her towel dried body in her favorite silk robe as she wandered in the direction of her bedroom. Priscilla opened the door and moved towards her closet to dress in boy shorts, a sports bra, leggings, and her favorite Assassins Creed hoodie. Before heading to the living room, where her velvet wing chair seemed more interesting than her bed, Priscilla grabbed her Rod from under her pillows and phone off my vanity along with my headphones.

"True, it's chilling to behold. Up close we stumble backwards laughing in our boats. Till the image sinks away to someplace far but certain. A land of mute suspension where someday we must go," Priscilla sang along to Imperial Mammoth as she drifted across the ceiling's rafters that interconnected her floor's rooms, not including the bathrooms.

How had Priscilla made it up on the rafters, you may ask? To put it simply, she jumped. That's also the way she got down. Priscilla landed on the ottoman in front of the sectional sofa, flats screen TV, and the wingback. In said chair sat none other than the man in the suit himself, Slender Man. How he positioned himself in the chair was almost as if he always sat there. His ankle balanced on his knee, his right elbow rested on the armrest while his thumb and forefinger supported his head as the others fingers hung close to his bottom lip. Priscilla turned and sat comfortably on the ottoman Indian style in front of him, just staring at him. Slender was the one to break the stillness, reaching dangerously close to Priscilla's face before she could jerk back to a safer distance.

"Don't," Priscilla warned him calmly.

"I did not intend to inflict harm upon you," he admitted, his voice sincere.

"Yeah well, at the moment, I'm not really worried about self-preservation," Priscilla confessed, being careful not to touch skin, as she moved his hand back to its previous position. "From what once brought Life into the world will deliver Death. Their Touch shall be feared by all creatures of Creation when Earth's Moon is not hidden or viewed in full."

"You have confused me, Woman," Slender stated, watching Priscilla stand on the cushion and leapfrog to then off the couch. "Was that meant as a threat?"

"A warning actually," Priscilla corrected, heading towards the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee. "A piece of advice for you and your friends, that is if you ever intend to bring any over on a night without a full or new moon. Coffee?"