PART 1: Welcome Home

I always felt I never fit in. That I didn't belong here like I was from a different planet. My dad decided to move me and my brother to Queens to get away from what happened a year ago, but it never left me. I trusted my dad. I woke up by the sound of my alarm and got dressed. Today was my first day of school at Midtown high. Thats what I heard people call it, so I was nervous. I decided to wing it. I didn't really care about what people thought of me. We are all here for the same reason. I walked out of my room and checked on Mikey who was still asleep. My dad, in kitchen fixing food for when he woke up. 

"Hey...you ready!" my dad said with a worried look on his face. Slowly putting his cup of coffee to his mouth trying to hide his expression. He was always concerned about me after what happened. The reason we moved here. He was in the military but got moved up to a higher position. I'm still confused on that part. He would never tell me what exactly he did. he just tells me he works for the government and that its too dangerous. 

"Yeah...don't worry" I said. Trying to make him feel better. I want him to trust me. 

"Want some breakfast?" 

"I'm good! I'm gonna grab some coffee on the way."

"Okay be safe..."

"I will" I said shoving my stuff into my backpack and putting it over my shoulder. Walking out the door, shutting it behind me. It took awhile to go were I needed to go. New city, still getting used to. I didn't really care where we lived but as long my dad was happy.                    

20 MINUTES LATER

Finally made it to school and wasn't late this time. Students running past me as I walked to the front desk. They gave me my schedule and I started to walked out.  I was nervous as always but managed to find my locker and opened it. Grabbing my books and looking at the map that the lady at the desk gave me. Trying to find the right class. Then the first bell rang. I sighed and felt so jittery from the coffee that I drank earlier. Stop shacking! I put my head down and headed to class. I walked in and immediately the teacher noticed me. He pulled me to the front of the class. Then yelling to all the students that were sitting. 

"Introduce Yourself!" he said wrapping his arm around my shoulder. He was tall and lean. Maybe in his mid 30s and he wore glasses. 

I looked at him trying to give him a sign that I'm not right for this. Finally finding the courage to say "Veronica...Blake?" I looked down and felt that all eyes on me.  

"Nice to meet you Veronica please take your seat and we will get started." he said letting me go and walking over to the bored.

I quickly walked to my seat and sat down. Putting my books on the wooden desk. Putting my hands to my face. How embarrassing.  Until I heard a whisper beside me.

 "Hi I'm Peter"  I looked over and saw him, looking straight into his eyes.  "Hi." I said and gave him a weak smile. Looking forward. The day went by quickly but was okay for the first day. Everyone was nice so far and the school part was easy. When it comes to socializing, thats where it gets me. I got out and walked home, finally getting home and opening the door.

"I'm home!" I yelled, putting my stuff down on the table.  I saw Mikey run up to me, giving me a hug, my dad behind him.

"How was school" he asked, sitting down with Mikey. 

"Uh okay I guess. Got homework...as always."

"On the first day?!"

"High school." I shrugged. I rushed to my room and closed the door. I sighed and grabbed my homework and started to work on it.

                                                    "Authors Note"

"What is she hiding?" I hope you enjoyed the first part of this story. There will be plenty of more, I promise. I'm new to the whole Wattpad so there is still stuff I haven't figured out yet.  This is my very first story so leave you thoughts in the comments. If you see slanted words like this, that means she is saying it in her head. Thanks :)