PART 15: Confusion

We walked into the room and saw Tony working on something. He looked up and saw us both standing there waiting. He quickly stood up from his chair and walked around his desk. I walked up to him, and just stood their like an idiot. Realizing that I'm standing in front of Iron Man. Then I looked at Peter and he nodded. Alluding me to talk to him. I looked back at Tony and started to put my hands to my face, slowly taking my mask off again. Revealing who I am. Tony widened his eyes. His countenance says it all. 

"I'm Veronica" I said holding my hand out for him to shake. He took his hand out of his pocket looking at Peter then at me. I walked closer and gave him hug before he could say anything. Ditching the idea of a simple hand shake. Shocked, he hugged me back. 

"Thank you!" I said before letting him go.

"No problem..kid. We should get you home." He said opening the door. I nodded and looked at Peter who had his arms crossed smiling as he just watched the most awkwardest thing ever. We walked beside each other behind Mr. Stark following him into a car. We all went in and sat down next to each other. When we got to Peter's place, we got out of the car and Mr. Stark rolled his window down. 

"Thank you so much Mr.Stark...for helping me." I said. 

"Please...call me Tony" he said winking at both of us. Me and Peter both waved goodbye and looked at each other. I looked for my phone, which was still in my pocket, and looked at the time. "Holy crap!" I said. Noticing that I had twenty missed calls and quickly called Dad back. He picks up immediately.

"Veronica?...Where are you?!" He yelled through the phone. Hearing his angry tone. I looked at Peter with a frightened look. "I uhh..."

"I need you to come home right now!" He commanded.

  "Okay...okay I'm on my way..." I said hanging up. 

"I should go" I said walking backwards. I turned around slightly. "wait" I heard him say faintly before he grabbed my shoulder, yanking me towards him and smiling before kissing me. I eased the tension and kissed him back. I hugged him desperately before rushing to my house. Ha wow! I thoughtI opened the door and saw my dad run to me, giving me hug and didn't say anything. I hugged him back and said "I'm sorry" with a sad tone in my voice. 

"Where did you go?" He said looking at me with a confused look on his face. I was panicking. Trying to think of a really good excuse but I couldn't. 

"I-I saw an alien ship outside from the news...decided to get a better look...and I got lost." I said. 

"YOU do NOT leave this house without my permission..you understand!" He yelled. Realizing maybe he went a little harsh. Then ending it with a really concerned look.

"I'm sorry I made you worry" I said, feeling my throat start to choke up. I tried to make it better but it wasn't working. I felt really bad for making him worry. I couldn't tell him the whole truth because I wouldn't see daylight again.

"Sorry doesn't cut it" He said looking at me with an angry look on his face. Trying to contain himself. I nodded.

"I know, I know! Its was immature and irresponsible...I should have known better" I said looking down feeling the angry glare stare down at me. I looked up as he nudge his head towards my room. I walked there quickly taking my sweater off. I dropped onto my bed and did not get up. I looked on my phone and realized that I had school tomorrow. I sighed and went to bed. I woke up the next morning to the sound of my alarm. I did my hair and put on a pair of skinny jeans, a dark green shirt, grabbed a sweater and tied it around my waist. I walked out of my bedroom and into the kitchen grabbing an orange. My dad on the couch glaring at me. I put the orange down and grabbed my backpack. "Dad?" I said walking to him and sitting on the couch. "I promise that I will not stay out for long nights anymore." 

"I'm not trying to ruin your life kiddo...I just want to make sure your safe and not being kidnapped.." he said. "From now on I want you to be home by 6:30 okay...promise? 

 "Promise." I said getting up and walking to the door. "Bye!" I said opening the door.

 "Bye jellybean!" he replied as I closed the door behind me and started to walk to school. Thank god its a Friday.  I thought. Finally I have a break to focus on other stuff. 

MINUTES LATER 

  I walked through the doors of Midtown High and went to my locker, putting my things in there and walking into homeroom. When that was over, I headed towards the hall where all around me I heard whispers of homecoming. I didn't really pay attention too much. I was too focused on what I felt about Peter and what he was feeling. I shrugged it off and walked to my locker. I grabbed my books and started to walk to first period. I took my seat and stared at the entrance, waiting for Peter to walk through those doors. Then the bell rang. I looked around and saw Ned sitting at the back of the class, looking worried. I was confused and continued to look forwarded. When class was over I saw Ned rush out of the room before the bell rang. I grabbed my things and rushed to the door and couldn't find him. I was worried now and pulled my phone out trying to contact Peter.

 "Hey where are you?" No response. Maybe he's sick. I questioned myself. It was a long day and I couldn't focus at all. I left early for lunch. I had a bad feeling so I started to walk towards home. Is he okay? I thought as I felt someone grab my waist. I screamed but was muffled by a hand covering my mouth. I tried to escape from their grip and noticing that they were bringing me to a van. I went invisible making the guy confused and kicked him in the shins. I started to run and  looked behind me as I hit something, making me go to the ground. I looked up and saw this huge guy grab me. "LET ME GO!" I screamed. I suddenly felt this sharp pain on my neck and everything went black.