PART 20: Homecoming

The car came to a stop while we stared at the colorful lit building. Balloons and signs making an entrance.

"You kids have fun!" May proudly said as I opened the door. "Peter, you stay here," she commanded. I looked back at him.

"I'll...meet you inside!" I said then closing the door and walked towards the school. I opened the door to a lot of people surrounding the place. I continued to walk, slowly then shifting my attention behind me letting my obnoxious curls come to my face. Watching Peter walk towards the door smiling but I saw fear in his eyes. I smiled in question and saw Ned waving at me, trying to get my attention to come over to him. I gave him a short wave as I saw the people from the Math group, talking. I turned around again to Peter while he made his way towards me with a confused look on his face. I decided to walk up to him to see what's wrong. To tell him what I was feeling at the moment. "Is everything okay?" I inquired.

"Yeah..yeah." He said nodding his head and smiling at me. He pulled his arm out trying to be charming to put my arm around. I could see that he was trying to push pass something that was he was excited about. I laughed and continued with the gesture that he was offering. We began to walk around people who were awkwardly dancing to the pg music that was playing over our heads. "Veronica...this is Mary Jane," Ned said pointing at the girl in the yellow dress that I recognized right away. The girl that always sat at the table next to us. Which I didn't mind too much but I thought she was always listening. "It's MJ..actually," she commented, correcting him.

"Hi...Mj!" I said trying to be polite waving at her and she waved back but in a sarcastic way, then storming off like she didn't like me for some reason. Okay?

"Don't mind her?" Ned said looking at me and then at Peter. He always had a look on his face whenever he saw Me and Peter together. A look of gratefulness. They both started to talk as I grabbed a drink from the snack bar. I turned around as the lights started to dim and the slow music started to play. Suddenly everybody started to dance. I gulped down on the punch, heavily going down my throat. I turned my head at Peter who was talking to Ned who shoved him towards my way to go. He nervously smiled as I walked up to him. I grabbed his hand and gave Ned my half-empty cup of punch. We looked at each other and walked to the dance floor slowly. He put his hands on my waist while I put my hands over his shoulders. We kept laughing as we tried to get the steps right. We knew we did it wrong but we didn't care. Wheezing as we made fun of ourselves. I took a step back and looked at him putting my hand against his, holding them up slightly. My eyes widen and fall into a deep trance as I analyzed each and every feature of his face. Until the song stopped. I quickly snapped out of it, letting go while he let go of my waist. I gave him a smile as he smiled back. Then going to a nervous look as he grabbed his phone from his pocket, looking at the time.

"I want to show you something!" He said grabbing my hand and leading me out of the school. "Where are we going?" I asked following his lead out of the school doors.

"Do you trust me?" he inquired, stopping at the dead street.

"Of course!" I replied right away as he told me to close my eyes and don't open them until he said so. I laughed as he put one arm around my waist, pulling me against his side, grabbing on tight. Then feeling a wave of cold air hit my face out of nowhere. I wrapped my arms around him tightly, trying to figure out what was going on. "Peter!?" I yelled scared of what he was doing but kept my promise to keep my shut. Now I don't want to open them even more. I still didn't know where we were going. A few minutes went by as my feet hit the ground finally. "What just happened!" I asked still keeping my eyes closed.

"We're here! You can open your eyes now!" He said letting go of me.

"Headquarters?!" I questioned.

"Yeah!...Mr. Stark said he needed to talk to us!" was his reply but he didn't tell me the whole truth. I knew that for sure. He had something up his sleeves that he wasn't telling me. I looked at him smiling but still very confused. He opened the door and we both walked in. Happy running up to us. "Follow me!" He said looking frantic, putting his arm behind us and checking around making sure nobody was following us. As he leads us into Tony's creator room. We walked in and saw him writing something on a whiteboard. "Good your here!...uh take a seat. Both of you," he commanded and we made sure to follow his commands.

"Veronica! how did you exactly get your powers" he asked me.

"Um...I don't know exactly. I got them after the accident. Why?"

"Well your powers...they are very unique and I have never seen anything like it. They are very powerful, so I thought to make you this!" He says as he grabs a remote and opens a closet beside us revealing a suit. I got up and walked up to it. I turned around at Tony with a shocked expression on my face. Looking for words. I watched as a purple suit with black sleeves came up.

"Welcome to the team kid!"

To Be Continued...