PART 14: The Unknown

I slowly opened my eyes as I straitened my head forward. My vision still blurry but slowly recovering. I turned my head beside me still feeling light headed, seeing a shadowy figure looking out the window. I squinted my eyes and started to sit up. Feeling every inch of my body start to wake up from numbness. 

"Hey" they said turning around. A sweet and kind voice.

 I paused until I saw who it was."Mom?" I said looking at her. Tears forming in my eyes as she went up to me putting her hand on my face. Whipping the tears that were streaming down my pale face. 

"It's okay! Your safe." she said. Her soothing voice quickly calming me down. Feeling her cold hand on my cheek. I let out a sigh of relief knowing my Moms here with me.

"This has to be a dream" I said lifting my hand to grab hers. She hugged me and I hugged her back. I hugged her tight knowing that this might be the last time I see her. 

 "I don't know what to do?" I asked her. Tears streaming down my face...letting go. 

"Remember I will always be with you...no matter what" she said. Her hands still on my shoulders and then kissing me on the forehead. "Remember that your here for a reason...I have to go sweetheart" she said letting me go and standing up. 

"Wait!" I yelled holding my hand out towards her. 

"I love you honey and I always will, you...your dad, Mikey." she said bending over and grabbing my face. Then finally making her way down a bright hallway.

...Oh and that Peter kid...I like him." She said walking through the bright door. I smiled while tears streaming down my face. I opened my eyes and immediately got up. My heart racing uncontrollably. I looked around and I was not in my bedroom. I looked at my hands then feeling my face and felt that I still had my mask on. Until I heard something moving in front of me. I looked up and saw.. Peter? sleeping on the couch. He woke up as soon as he heard me. His eyes were puffy and he was wearing a jacket and loose pants. He turned his head slightly and got up immediately as soon he saw me. Does he know who I am? He must know! Does he know that I know...he's Peter...

"Are you okay?...oh I-I'm Peter!" he said getting up and walking towards me . "Where am I?" I asked looking at him"...Y-Your at the Avengers Headquarters" he replied.

"What?" I said face palming my head. He grabbed a chair and pulled it up to my bed. He was about to tell me something until someone opens the door. We both looked at the door as it slowly creaked opened. "oh..boy" Peter mumbled. A tall and unrecognizable man comes in. 

"Hello...I'm Tony Stark" he said shaking my hand. Realizing he came at the wrong time.

 "Hi?" I said looking at him and then at Peter. I opened my mouth to say something but was cut-off.

"I know what your about to ask and Yes your safe." He said.

"Thank you?..." I said still confused. He looked at me then at Peter and widen his eyes. 

"I'll leave you too alone" he said walking out the door. 

"I'm still very confused?" I said looking at the door then at Peter who had a worried look. 

"Look I have something to tell you...I wanted to tell you as soon I met you but I didn't because I thought.." He said as I grabbed his hand and looked him in the eyes. He paused confused at my hand gesture. He gently pulled his hands away and grabbed something out of his pockets. Turned around in his chair, doing something then turning back around towards me. I looked at him and I was lost for words. His jacket unzipped slightly showing the suit and with his mask on. 

 "Your..." I said with a very surprised look on my face. He nodded with a very nervous look. I put my arms around him and hugged him tightly, I could tell he was very confused. Knowing now I didn't want to let go. He slowly put his arms around me, hugging me. I have to tell him.  After a few seconds I let go and looked at him. His almond shaped eyes opened wide in suspicion. I put my hands to my face, grabbed my mask...slowly taking it off. He looked at me and took off his mask. 

"Veronica!?" he said with a shock look on his face, then smiling. I nodded and let out a short laugh. We both looked at each other trapped in our own thoughts. I put my hands on each side of his face and kissed him. Slowly putting my hands from his face down to his chest. We said nothing until he stood up and reached his hand out for me to grab. I took the sheets off and grabbed his hand.

 "You were at the ATM stop and you helped my save a kid!" I said surprised, now realizing everything. 

"You were the girl who saved me from those robbers." He said smiling, grabbing my hand. I smiled and hugged him saying..

"You were the guy who saved my life" I felt his arms wrap around me tightly in love and in support. I felt every emotion and all of his. I quickly let go and looked at him. 

"The ship...the city! I said heading for the door.

 "Mr.Stark already took care of it...and probably is waiting for us" he said grabbing the door nob. I put my mask back on that was still in my grasp.

What will Tony say...Will this last forever?