O N E

Come, civil night,
Thou sober-suited matron all in black,
And learn me how to lose a winning match
Played for a pair of stainless maidenhoods.
Hood my unmanned blood, bating in my cheeks,
With thy black mantle till strange love grown bold,
Think true love acted simple modesty.

~William Shakespeare

Skin to skin. Chest to chest. Fanning breath against my neck. This is how close I'm standing to this mysterious man. I don't even know him and here I'm standing so close to him that all I can see, feel and smell is only him.

Wondering how I got into his awkward situation? This is how it started....

2 HOURS EARLIER...

"Babe can you please come for a sec." My Best Friend Harper called from her bedroom. "Coming." I grunted annoyed. I was reading such an interesting book and here I was interuppted.

Ok to make it clear I'm partly the neardy type of person. I'm good in school and I love reading. But I'm pretty lazy. So I'd say I got it from my father who is the most intelligent man I've ever met. My father Jonathan Jones. I know poor guy got a name and family name staring with J.

But my name is just as weird as my father. Harriet Jones. Female version of Harry. But I kinda liked my name. It wasn't such a common nor a rare name. But in the 18 years of living I've been an obeying but playful child. Ok I'm not a child but ya I've lived with my dad for 17 years and last year I moved with my best friend into an apartment in Manhattan.

My Best Friend Harper is a part time model while she also goes to college. I on the other side am just going to college and focusing on getting a good carrier. "Gurl why the hell are you taking so long?" She scoffed. I guess that's enough about me.

I walked into her bedroom. It was a classy yet plain room. White walls and wooden furniture. Nothing to expensive since both of have to pay for college and all the other stuff. Since I didn't wanna bother my father. My father is pretty rich but still I wanna fly by myself I don't like to be depended.

And what about my mother? That woman that I'm ashamed to call my mother has cheated on my father and is practically std herself. She doesn't work as a prostitute but I'm sure that by now she had fucked whole America.

So my dad and I keep our distance to her. She was also kinda rude. I meet up with her once in a while. Although I hate her for everything she did she's still my mother. She was the woman that gave birth to me. Our meeting dont always go that pleasant but I still don't wanna completely lose contact with my mother Jane.

"Ya what is it?" I asked Harper who was nervously fidgeting her fingers. Her head hung low. As I entered the room she looked up at me frustration written all over her face. "So you know I have the shoot for this big client." I nodded listening carefully.

"And the thing is that Liam. You know the photographer. He wants me to come for a shoot." I nodded slightly confused. "Ok and what are you gonna do?" She sighed. "I wanted to ask if you could attend the shoot with Liam."

I chocked. My eyes whidend as I scanned her face to check if she was serious. And damn sure she was. "But how? I'm not a model and I don't have the figure for it." She got up from the chair and kneeld down in front of me as I sat on the bed.