N I N E

HARRIET'S POV.

"Gurl you really don't need to go." Harper insisted as I shook my head. "No I cancelled on him multiple times and I can't push it more. I feel bad." She sighed. "Do it but don't cone crying again. I will obviously sooth you as a friend but please don't get yourself into some stupid shit."

I nodded and grabbed my bag. "It's fine I'll manage. I'll try not to do anything stupid." She giggled giving me a kiss on the cheek. "If you fuck it which I don't hope I have the best way to get you mind away." I raised my eyebrows as she smirked. "And that would be?"

"Stephen's porns." I slapped her arm playfully. "Fuck of." I grabbed my shoes and sat down on the sofa. Harper stood infront of me. "Don't act like you don't want it." I looked up at her shaking my head. "You need it. I don't." She flipped her hair and tsked.

"Ya ya shut it. I saw how you watched him the other day." I rolled my eyes. "Ya. I get it. But I gotta go." She groaned and hugged me. "Bye and don't fuck up." I rolled my eyes at her. "I won't." I made my way to the parking lot and took Harper's car.

I was on my way to the cafe where we're supposed to meet. And I was supposed to meet Jax the day where we went to Stephen's house so I cancelled it. And with Stephen ya I have met him one day in the city after the shoot. But it was just a brief conversation since both of us were in hurry.

We chatted multiple times but I was kinda avoiding him. I didn't want to have the awkward feeling around him. Around two days ago he started asking when we can meet. I just used the lame excuse of being busy. But I have to face. Ok I don't need to do anything but I like him. He's a good friend and companion to hang out with.

I parked infront of the cafe and locked the car. I walked into my usual fav cafe and walked to the counter. "Hola amor." The older man whom I've grown close to since I went to college. "Hola." He kissed my cheek making me giggle. "How are you beautiful?" I smiled. "Good and you?"

"Fine." We shared a brief conversation. "Anyways have you seen Jax?" I asked him grabbing my phone. "Ya he had come some time ago." He replied. "Oh then I guess I should go before he gets impatient." The man laughed and waved. "Have a nice day Amor." I smiled back. "You too."

I walked over to our usual spot where Jax was sitting with his gaze on his phone. " Hi." I made my presence known and sat down right across him. "Hey." He replied before sticking his phone in the jeans pocket. "How are you?" I asked and put my phone on the table. "Fine I guess. You?"

"Same. Have you ordered anything yet?" I asked looking at the usual menu. "No what would you like?" I sighed before going for my usual. "The usual and I guess You as well." He nodded firmly and called a waitress and ordered for the both of us. I looked at my phone which blinked.

I grabbed it to find a message from Stephen. 'Can we meet later?' I groaned quietly and gave him a quick reply. Soon the waitress came back with our drinks. One hot chocolate for me and a cappuccino for Jax. We have been drinking that forever.

"I'm really sorry that I cancelled on you so many times. But I had a lot going on." I said sipping my drink. "Its fine. Atleast now you have time for you friend." Sarcasm visible in his tone making me sigh. "God Jaxon. I'm sorry." I grabbed his hand and rubbed it.

I thought he'd snatch it away but instead he held onto me as well. "Its fine. I was just kinds pissed. You fucking cancelled on me four times." I groaned and sighed. "Oh god I feel bad. I'm really sorry Jax." He smiled a little and sighed.

"But that's not what we wanted to talk about. Tell me. What do you think? I want to hear you out before I say anything that I might regret." He said rubbing circles on my palm. I sighed. "To be honest I really don't know how to say it. Jax you're my closest friend. You're the closest thing I have other than my father."