T H I R T E E N

"Girl you gotta tell me everything." I giggled as Harper and I walked through the corridor. "What is there to say Stephen and I went to his sister's Engagement party and ya." She rolled her eyes but smiled. "You already told me that but he already took you to meet his family."

I just shrugged. "Ya but I was really glad. His father and sister are really nice. But his Step mother I think had behaved like a bitch." Harper groaned. "Eww one bad mother in law you'll have then. But what did you do?" I rolled my eyes. "She's not gonna be my mother in law. And what I did? I kissed Stephen and pretended to be his girl." Harper grinned wide.

"Go get your man girl. He'll be yours soon." I was about to reply when Jamie came. "Hey girls. And who's your man?" She said walking with us. "No o-" Harper interrupted. "Stephen. I slapped her arm. "Who is Stephen? Wait is it that guy who picked you up recently?" I nodded and she grinned. "He was really handsome. Good catch." I rolled my eyes.

"We're not together. Just friends and we went on one date!" Harper grinned. "One date leads to many. That leads to first kiss. And that-" I held my hand in her face. "Stop girl. I'm not that stupid and I don't wanna know details." All laughed as we entered the class room. Jax who waved at us patted the seat next to him. I walked over giving him a short hug. Now things weren't that awkward between us after the incident at the party.

"Hey Harry. How was your weekend?" Jax asked leaning back on his chair. "Pretty good and yours?" He shrugged. "Boring. I missed you." Her smirked and I hit his arm. "Unfortunately I didn't." He rolled his eyes before chuckling. "I'm disappointed baby wouldn't you miss me?" I shook my head and Jax slapped my head.

"So students today we're gonna deal a philosophical topic. Love." I turned to Harper who grinned widely. "So one of you now tell me what does love mean to you?" The teacher asked looking around. "Jamie what do you think?" Jamie looked lost. "I don't know." The teacher nodded understandingly. "Fine Harriet tell me. What is love?"

Love. L.O.V. E. Four letters one word. Hard to define. What is love? "I think love is a really deep feeling. It's something you feel towards a person who you're really affectionated to. Someone that makes you happy. That knows you better than anyone. And mainly someone who'll stand by your side at all cause."

The teacher nodded. "Good now I wanna here a different perspective. Jax. Tell us. What do you understand in love?" Jax looked going into deep thoughts. Now I was excited. He wasn't the love kinda person. But I'd like to know. "Love.... Love is friendship ... if she can't be my best friend, then I cannot fall in love with her ... because love cannot happen without friendship ... simple, love is friendship"

I looked up to him purely confused. Friend ship? Best Friend? I thought he'd be over it. He looked deep into my eyes and smiled. I was confused. I turned to Harper who just looked as confused. She shook her head and I nodded. "Excellent answer. And something not so common. Ok students now open the page 145." The class went by fast but I knew I had something to talk with Jax.

I followed him out of the class. "Jax." He stopped turning around. "What?" He asked and I raised my eyebrow. "You know what? What did you just say. Love is friendship." He shrugged. "Doesn't matter." I grabbed his arm as he started walking again. "Tell me now. I want to know what's going on in your head." He rolled his eyes. "If you really wanna know. I've fallen in love with you. Now leave me."

He walked away as my jaw hang on the floor. Was he for real? Love? ME? How? We've been friends for ever. Although I liked him it was hard for me to imagine being in a relationship with him. It would completely ruin our friendship. "WHAT THE DUCK WAS THAT?" I heard Harper shout and I shook my head.

"Jax just confessed that he loves me." Her eyes whidend. "WHAT?" I nodded and Harper shook her head. "Lol I thought you were like brother and sister. Ok let's forget that shit at the party but Love?" I rubbed my temples. "Its just too much. How can you love someone who has been your best friend for you whole life?"