Eight

Present Day

"Man," Skylar said as she wiped away her tears, "She really did love you Dad.."

Shawn nodded. He gets a little emotional talking about that moment with Beyoncé. Valentines Day was a special moment in their relationship and something they both would never forget. The way she encouraged him was like never before. Shawn never thought he would see the day a woman express herself like Beyoncé did.

"She did," Shawn said, "And then I fucked up."

Summer groaned, "What you do now?"

They laughed and Shawn shook his head, "Remember my ex, Mya right?" The girls nodded their head. "Okay well, she reached out to me saying she was pregnant and that's when I saw a side of Beyoncé I never thought I would see."

Skylar gasped, "She told me before that she almost stabbed you a couple of times when y'all was younger. Is this it?"

Shawn looked at her and slowly nodded, "I really thought my life was over... Here's what happened."

__________

May 1995

"Damn.." Shawn mumbled as he stared at the ultrasound picture. He couldn't believe he was about to be a father, but he also was scared out of his mind for numerous reasons.

His father was never in his life so how was he going to be a father to someone else? And also, how was he going to tell Beyoncé?

He knew she would be upset because he had been hiding something from her. She didn't know anything about him sleeping with Mya a week before they officially became a couple in January. When she finds out, she's going to be livid and he knew it.

"So how we going to do this?" Mya asked Shawn as she drove him back home.

"What you mean?"

"We going to coparent or are we going to give this relationship a try again? I know you're not completely over me Shawn because I'm not over you either. We just need to stop playing around and be together."

Shawn shook his head as he thought about Beyoncé, "I have a girl Mya."

Mya laughed, "That young bitch? What can she do for you? She can't even come out the house without asking her parents and I know her young ass ain't giving you no pussy. What you with her for if she can't give you that?"

Shawn sighed as he stared out the window. He don't know why he was letting Mya's words get to his head but he couldn't help to think about everything she said.

"That's my girl and I love her. That's all that matters." Shawn mumbled. Mya rolled her eyes and laughed a little.

"Yeah, well you need to let her know that you're a daddy now and our baby comes first. Don't put that bitch before me and our child Shawn."

"Chill out with all that name calling Mya. It's not called for." He was so happy once she had dropped him off at home. He wasted no time going inside and going straight to his room. He sat the envelope with the ultrasound on his bed before walking to his closet and grabbed one of his shoe boxes. He opened it and the smell of marijuana hit his nostrils.

He rolled two blunts and headed to the backyard to smoke his life away. He was high as hell as he thought about ways to let Beyoncé know.

"What if I don't tell her anything?" He asked himself, "Don't seem like a bad idea."

Just when he said that, his phone rang. He pulled his phone out and saw her name. He didn't want to answer it because of how high and guilty he felt, but he answered anyway.