Twenty One

Present Day

The next day came faster than expected. Shawn woke up with hair all in his face. He remembered waking up to Beyoncé's hair in his face so it frightened him. He jumped up and took a deep breath when he realized that it was only his daughters surrounding him.

His heart rate went back to normal and he softly rubbed through all three of their hair. He kissed Summer on the forehead and then Skylar, and then Serenity.

Slowly, Skylar eyes opened and she looked at her father. A smile came across her face and she cuddled closer to him.

"Happy birthday daddy, I love you."

It almost slipped Shawn's mind that his birthday was today. Ever since Beyoncé's death, he haven't celebrated his birthday. He was either in the gym or home with Serenity. He didn't find the need to celebrate.

"Thank you Sky."

"What do you have planned for today?"

Shawn shrugged, "Nothing."

Skylar smiled, "Good because we gonna go out."

Shawn then felt another body cuddling under him. He looked down to see Serenity climbing on his chest. She didn't care that she had just woken up and she had morning breath. She kissed her father's lips like she did every morning and then hugged his neck.

"Mawning daddy."

Shawn chuckled at her little accent, something that he loved so much because it reminded him of Beyoncé. They both were very country.

"Morning baby girl, you hungry?"

Serenity nodded and hopped out of bed by climbing on Skylar's back. "I'll cook." Skylar said as she held Serenity on her back.

"Hell no." They heard. Everyone got quiet and watched as Summer yawned and stretched. She then looked towards her father and smiled.

"Happy birthday daddy. I love you." She kissed his cheek and then got out bed.

"Let me do the cooking." Summer said to Skylar while exiting the room.

"Ew," Serenity said as Summer cut her chicken, "This not breakfast

"Ew," Serenity said as Summer cut her chicken, "This not breakfast."

Summer put the small piece of chicken in her sister's mouth, "Shut up. It is."

"Daddy are you gonna finish telling us the story?" Skylar asked. "If you don't wanna, I understand. It's your birthday, no need to dwell on the past."

Shawn shrugged her off, "I don't care. I love talking about old times with Bey. What y'all want to know?"

"She really didn't go to school?" Summer asked.

Shawn nodded, "She did, eventually. She didn't attend during the Fall semester because of you two but she eventually left for school in the Spring."