Sixteen

May 1997

Beyoncé looked at herself in the mirror and analyzed her entire body. Besides the vomiting that she figured was from stress, she didn't feel pregnant.

She must admit, her stomach wasn't as flat anymore which caused her to believe that she was indeed pregnant, but she couldn't remember a time her and Shawn slipped up.

She heard a knock on her bedroom door and instantly pulled her shirt down. She had been wearing nothing but big clothes, afraid that her parents would notice her belly.

"Let's try this.." Kelly said, walking into Beyoncé's room with pickles and a kind of dipping sauce. Beyoncé frowned and shook her head.

"That's so disgusting, but come in and close the door. I need to ask you something."

Kelly did as she said and sat at the desk that wasn't occupied by Beyoncé's many clothes and shoes lying around.

She lifted her shirt and Kelly stared at her belly, "What?" Kelly asked.

"Do I really look pregnant?" She whispered.

Kelly slowly nodded. Beyoncé's belly was bigger than usual so she figured she had to be far along.

"When was the last time you had sex?"

Beyoncé shrugged, "I don't know.. months ago."

"Since when did you start letting him fuck you raw and not tell me?"

Beyoncé rolled her eyes and plopped down on the bed, "You be wanting to know everything. I might as well film a sextape and let you watch."

Kelly laughed and shook her head, "That's so not true. I just like hearing people sex stories. So when did this start?"

"Shawn and I only used condoms twice since we started having sex. I eventually made my mom put me on that birth control pill. I lied and said my period cramps had gotten worse and it worked."

"Why the hell are you not using condoms?"

Beyoncé shrugged, "It feels better." She laid back on her bed and stared at the ceiling. In no time, she was in tears as she thought about what she was going to do."

"Kelly, we graduate high school tomorrow and going off to college... what am I going to do with a baby? My daddy is going to literally kill me and my mom too."

Kelly shook her head, "It feels better without a condom right? Just remember that when you're ready to give birth."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes and turned her back towards Kelly. She rubbed her stomach and cried even harder. She didn't want to be pregnant at all. She has seen plenty of females in her class to become pregnant and not do anything with their life. She didn't want to be one of them girls.

She finally stood up and wiped her tears, "Is the clinic open?" She asked, making Kelly's eyes widen.

"Clinic for what? An abortion?"

She nodded, "Yeah. Do you have their number? Do I have to make an appointment?"

Kelly looked at her crazy, "Bitch I was never pregnant so how would I know?"

Beyoncé rolled her eyes and slid on her Gucci sandals, "Well come with me so we can find out. And oh, can I have a pickle?"

She reached her hand in the jar and pulled out two of the pickles before leaving her room. She knocked on her parents' room door and soon the door opened.

"Kelly and I are about to hang out." Beyoncé said to her mother. Tina looked at them and slowly nodded.

"You know graduation is tomorrow so be careful and be home before it gets too dark so you can rest."