14: Aint It Fun Living In The Real World?

Sierra's P.O.V.

It's July now, life's been fine. I have a strict rule that I must go to someone's house when my mom is at work and I'm not allowed to interact with Dave. It works pretty well, I might get yelled at once or twice a week, no biggy.

The doctor said I have developed asthma and now I have to carry an inhaler wherever I go. It sucks, but at least it's not cancer or anything like that.

Me, Patrick, Pete and Roxie are going to the fair a few towns over later today because we have nothing better to do, and with all the drama going on, we don't get to do fun things anymore.

Patrick's older brother, Ryan, brought us there around noon. I haven't mentioned him lately because he's been in college the past few years and just graduated and lives in the area.

(A/N idk if Patrick has a brother but I heard he does but i dont know his name or age or anything so bear with me here. heheh bear. that's Sierras nickname. Anyway,)

We spent hours going on rides, buying deliciously unhealthy junk food, and playing fun games that waste your money.

The sun started to set so we went on the Ferris Wheel to see the view. Me and Patrick were in one seat thing, while Pete and Roxie were in the one in front of us.

Pete and Roxie were making out, earning yells from parents that thought it was inappropriate. Me and Patrick were laughing our asses off while they were yelled at.

Pete got off Roxie, and he looked mad.

"What? The sunset is romantic!"

"But you don't need to do that in front of-"

Out of nowhere, there was a huge bang, and the entire fair was dark.

A huge speaker informed us that they had lost power, and it should be back in a few minutes.

We were stopped at the very top.

"Dang it." I growled slapping the bar that held us down.

"Hey, it's not that bad," Patrick said smiling at me.

"We're stuck. On a Ferris Wheel. At the top." I reminded him.

"Well..." He thought.

"At least we're together," He giggled pulling me to lean on his shoulder.

"Yea," I laughed as he slung an arm around me.

I returned the action and he kissed the top of my head.

"Getting busy?" Roxie laughed.

"No." I replied snuggling into Patrick.

"Okay," Pete laughed unconvincingly.

We sat there for a few minutes, and I was hugging Patrick tightly.

I looked up at him, to see he was staring at me.

"What?"

Patrick's P.O.V.

"What?" Sierra asked looking up at me.

Oh man, she saw I was staring at her!

It's not my fault she looks so beautiful right now. Not hot. Not sexy. Beautiful. I'm not sexually attracted to her! I can think my best friend is beautiful okay?

Because she is.

"S-sorry," I blushed looking away.

"Hey, Tricky, it's okay," She giggled hugging me tight.

"You just look pretty," I confessed earning a smile from her. She kissed my cheek making me turn Ruby red.

(AND WHEN SHE TOUCHED HIM HE TURNED RUBY RED, A STORY THAT I'LL NEVER FORGET, NEVER FORGET, AND ALL THE BOYS ARE SMOKING MENTHOLS, GIRLS ARE GETTING BACK RUBS, I WILL DRIFT TO YOU IF YOU MAKE YOURSELF SHAKE FAST ENOUGH *shakes like crazy* what? I want Patrick to drift to me! Sorry, got carried away.)

"I'm not pretty," She laughed making me frown.

"Oh yes you are,"

"Nah, I'm not," She giggled.

"I still think you are," I whispered hugging her tightly.

"Then you're lying," She said looking down.

"No, I'm not lying, you are a beautiful smart, kind, amazing person Sierra, don't think anything less,"

"It's hard to think of anything positive, since I'm ugly as fuck,"

"Oh shut up, you're amazing,"

Back to Sierra's P.O.V.

"Oh shut up, you're amazing," He whispered, his face inches away from mine, and before I knew it, we were leaning towards each other. We were staring each other right in the eye, leaning forward, millimeters at a time. I could almost feel out lips touch, when I was lunged forward, away from him. All the lights of the fair shot on and the people were let off their rides.

"Well, the power is back on," I laughed blushing up a storm.

"Yup," He said awkwardly, still ruby red.

"Lets just pretend that didn't happen," I concluded making him nod.

"Good thing they didn't see us,"

"We would be fucked."

~~~~~~

We spent most of the time eating cotton candy and walking around but we had fun.

Ryan picked us up around midnight and we ended up crashing at Pete's house for the night.