21: Hum Hallelujah

Patrick's P.O.V.

I clicked the small black button again for probably the 90th time, flipping to the next channel, which happened to be the news.

My eyes widened at the headline.

It said,

'21 YEAR OLD GIRL IN CHICAGO ILLINOIS, ATTEMPTED SUICIDE EARLIER TODAY'

'THE WOMAN, SIERRA WHITE, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS GERARD WAY OF MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE'S GIRLFRIEND, WAS FOUND AROUND TWO O'CLOCK TODAY BY CHICAGO POLICE BECAUSE A NEARBY NEIGHBOR HEARD DISTRESSED HOWLS FROM THE APARTMENT NEXT DOOR, CAUSING THE MAN TO CALL LOCAL AUTHORITIES'

Shit.

"PETE!" I screamed gripping my chest.

He ran into the living area of the bus and looked at me, his headphones dangling from his ears.

"Sierra, sh-she," A sea of tears built up in my bloodshot red eyes, making it hard to see.

"She what?"

"Sh-she tried to kill herself."

Sierra's P.O.V.

My eyes cracked open to a squint, seeing complete white.

My eyes began to burn and I groaned in agony, covering my face.

"Oh! You're awake!" I heard a feminine voice say from my left.

"What do you want?" I asked in a pissy tone.

"You're in the hospital, apparently you attempted suicide, you'll be able to leave later today, we just have to get all the test results to find out if your surgery went well,"

Well crap.

Now I gotta wait till I stinking heal.

Great.

Just great.

~~~~~~

"Why?" Roxie asked looking at me in the eyes, her hand grasping mine.

"I'm sorry Rox, I-I just hate myself, I'm anorexic, ugly, and I just can't take it anymore."

"Patrick was the only person that I trusted and loved, and when my mom..."

A warm tear rolled down my delicate cheek.

"When my mom, passed away, I needed him. I needed him so badly. But he still pretended like I wasn't there, like I was never in his life." Roxie tightened her grip.

"I miss him. And I wish I could just have one chance to apologize for what I did, whatever it was," I swallowed my fear and sighed.

"I'm gonna go to bed, my stitches are killing me," I said releasing her sweaty hand.

She replied with an 'okay' so quite it was barely heard, but I knew she did say it.

Once I got in my room, I was immediately in my bed, Whisper's head on my chest.

"Goodnight baby," I smiled kissing her head.

She licked my cheek sloppily making me smile.

She's the only reason I'm alive.

It's weird, how intelligent she is, it's like she's a person, like she really loves me.

The funny thing is, I know she loves me.

And I love her back.

~~~~~~

"Sierra! I made you breakfast!" A familiar voice yelled from the kitchen.

I sighed, sitting up carefully, trying not to rip my stitches.

I got to the kitchen, sitting on one of the two small bar stools at the counter.

She had plopped a plate of two pancakes, two pieces of bacon, a pile of home fries, and a stack of scrambled eggs in front of me. Along with my Nintendo mug filled to the brim with whole milk.

"Eat."

"But I'm not hungry."

"Sierra Violet White. You have not eaten a single thing in in days. Don't make up some bullshit excuse for not being hungry. I am not leaving this spot until you eat this entire plate of food. And! Drink this entire cup of milk. You need your nutrition. This is not healthy. Trust me."

I nodded.

So I ate everything, forcefully of course, hating every bite, not that it didn't taste good, because the voice in my head didn't want me to.

~~~~~~

Roxie's P.O.V.

"The fuck?" I said, squinting at my phone screen

The person that was calling me.

Why would he?

No.

It can't be.

The name read: Pete The Asshole

I regretfully, and slowly, hit the small answer button.

"What?" I asked, pissed off.

"R-Roxie, I'm sorry, I just wanted to say that, before I do this," I heard the usually tough man say, his voice cracking and silent. Clearly he had been crying.

"What? What are you doing Pete? And why are you calling me?"

"Tell my band and family I love them."

"Pete!? Stop!?!"

He hung up.

No. Not two in one week.

Pete's P.O.V.

(Okay, small authors note, so, if you are affected by suicide, huge trigger warning. Skip to the next authors note, it'll be bold. I apologize for 11 year old me.)

I pressed the end call button, Roxie's screams fading away.

My sister had just left to go into the store, leaving me alone in this empty Chicago parking lot.

I sighed and pulled the small bottle out of my pocket.

I placed the small folded note on the dashboard.

The small powdery pills fell into my hand, 9 at least, should be enough.

I sighed.

"I'm sorry Patrick. I'm sorry Joe. I'm sorry Andy. I'm sorry Ashlee. I'll miss you guys. See you in the afterlife."

A small tear dropped down my cheek as I swallowed the small objects that would take my life.

I pushed the play button on the radio, turning it up as far as I could.

The intro of Hallelujah by John Cale vibrated the car as I sang along, the burning in my stomach growing with every breath.

I heard there was a secret lord, the David played it and it pleased the lord,

But you don't really care for music do you?

It goes like this the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift,

The baffled king composing hallelujah,

Hallelujah,

Hallelujah,

Hallelujah,

Hallelujah.

I'm sorry.

OKAY BAD SHIT OVER LMAO