Chapter 20

I wake up in brads bed half naked with brad next to me and mean girls on repeat.

"Brad" I nudge him.

He groans.

Suddenly the front door opens and I hear a familiar voice.

"Bradley where are you? are you up yet?" asks brads mother.

Shit.

"BRAD YOUR MUM IS HERE" I shout quietly.

"What?" He suddenly perks up.

"Quick uhh get into the bathroom" brad says hurrying me to the bathroom even though I'm in my bra and pants.

"Hi uh mum I uh-" brad says but she interrupts

"I heard voices, who's up there?" I hear her ask

"Oh just watching a film" brad says to her

"Oh. well I was just wondering if you'd like to go out today and get new clothes since you always wear the same clothes" she says

"No I'm really tired today, thanks anyway I might just go back up to bed" I hear him say.

"Ok then I'll just pop to the shops I'll be back in 5" she says and then she leaves.

---

I quickly get my clothes on and do a quick make up check and brush my hair. I do not look my best for sure.

"So lets just say you popped in to say hello" brad says and at that moment brads mum comes in.

"Oh hi mrs Simpson," I say "I just popped in to say hi to brad"

"Oh hello poppy what a lovely surprise, sorry he's not up yet he must of had a late night last night" she says but me and brad just look at each other.

"Oh. well it was very nice to see you but I should get going" I say and I kiss brads cheek and leave.

---

Phew that was too close. I check my texts and find 10 missed calls from one of my besties.

I call her back.

"Tory?" I say

"Oh my god oh my god" she says

"What's wrong" I ask

"Niall has asked me to marry him I just said I needed the toilet first OMG omg OMG omg OMG omg OMG" she screams

"Wow that's great! what are your going to say" I ask but she hangs up before she can answer.

I like how me and brad are I mean he doesn't have time for a family right now and I understand. but there's that longing for a family even though I'm 18 well I'm 19 next week.

I don't think brad wants a family otherwise he would've asked... or is he thinking I wouldn't want one?

I call brad.

"Hey beautiful" brad answers

"You say that but I actually look like a ugly hippo" I laugh through the phone.

"Your beautiful, your perfect" brad says and I smile a huge smile.

"No I'm not"

"Yes you are"

"Ugg ok whatever" I say finally

"What did you call for?" he asks

"Something really serious" I say

He stays silent waiting for me to continue.

"Our relationship," I start "is it going to stay on this level or are we happy to move up one"

"I dont get what your trying to say" he says

"Just forget this phone call ok?" I hang up.

What did I even think I was going to say? 'do you want a baby with me?'. 'Lets get married!'

Stupid me.

He calls like 20 times but I pretend not to hear my ringtone which is me and brad telling each other how much we love each other. cheesy huh?

After the 21st time he calls I pick up.

"Sorry I was in the bath" I tell a little white lie.

"About before, are you suggesting.." he stops

"No"

"What?"

"No"

"No what?"

"Just no"

"Poppy, NO what?"

"UGGG no!"

"Are you saying you want a baby?" he asks

"Idk" I say

"Oh god." He says obviously not wanting the thing I want most.

"Ily" I say quickly

"Your crazily perfect, your a mess. my mess. ily ily ily so much but is this really what you want?" he asks

"Your what I want" i say

"You already have ME, baby you own me. poppy you have my heart you stole it ages ago and you still have it" brad tells me.

"I want to make something with you. something to prove that we are serious. have you read the papers? we are a beard apparently, we don't exist" I tell brad.

"We don't have to prove anything to anyone" he says

"So you don't want a baby" I ask

"I would love to have a baby with the woman I love the most in the whole wide world who I would die for. but that's the thing. people would judge. what would our parents say?" he says

"Let them say the things they say, ily and that's all we need to know"

"Oh poppy you perfect nutter"

"So?..." I say

"So what?" he asks

"What do you think" I ask

"I think we should stay how we are until we both know we are ready for a family" he says and he hangs up.

I only just realise in crying. what of I lose brad before we're ready, why if he thinks I'm too full on and he's in a club right now snogging a stripper.

My mum comes in the room.

"Poppy what's wrong?" she asks

"Nothing just, brad he, i feel" I say and I cry into my mums shirt.

"Don't worry sweetie he might just want some space. he's a busy boy" my mum tells me

"Your right. thanks mum" I say wiping away my pathetic tears.

"Love you poppy" my mum kisses my forehead and leaves the room.

---

I check my phone to see 43 missed messages all from brad.