Chapter 23

I wake up with a pounding head ache and a horrible feeling in my heart.

"Good-morning love. Brad said you weren't feeling too good is everything alright?" asks my mum

"It's completely fine... oh mum I can't" I say bursting into floods of tears.

"Poppy whats wrong oh dear?" my mum hugs me.

"I'm... pregnant" I say and I feel her pull away.

"Are you joking?!" she says

"Oh my god" she stands up and shakes her head.

"You're not 19 yet and even then it wouldn't be aloud!" she says with disappointment in her voice.

"What's your father gonna say?" she says.

"I'm sorry mum" I cry harder onto my duvet.

"What about me?" my dad says, walking in the room.

"Poppy what's wrong?" he asks

I feel too ashamed to tell him.

"She's gone and got herself pregnant" my mum says

"You've what?!" my dad says furiously

"That's it you can't ever see that 'Brad' boy again, do you hear me?" he shouts

"NO YOU CAN'T!" I scream

"Poppy calm down I'm sure your father doesn't mean it" my mum says

"No I do! she's also grounded for two months" my dad says and storms out.

"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME!" I shout but my stomach starts to hurt and I start crying again.

"Poppy, breathe... and in... and out, keep going" my mum says rubbing my back

"I will stick by you no matter what happens, alright?" my mum tells me.

"What are you going to do with it?" She asks

"Brad thinks I should put it into a care home but I'm not sure" i say

"No. don't do that you will regret it" my mum says

"What should I do?" I ask

"I will help you look after it and when brad is around he will help too and your father... just leave him to cool down for a few minutes" she says.

"Okay" I say

"So your keeping it?" she asks

"Yeah"

---

8 months later...

"How is our beautiful little baby daughter?" asks brad rubbing my huge bump.

I giggle.

"You're so beautiful as well" brad tells me and we kiss but my bump kind of gets in the way.

"We should think about names" brad says.

"I think I want to wait and see what she looks like first and then name her" I say stroking my bump.

"Ah I see" brad says.

He picks up his guitar and starts playing a soft tune and then slowly it turns into an acoustic version of 'smile' a song he wrote for me when we first got together.

"Kick a fuss you know you get in my dear," he starts "smile for me girl don't you shed a tear"

'I love you' I mouth and he smiles and sings the whole song softly and beautifully.

///

So my baby is due in 1 week.

AHHH CRAP!!!!

I'm so scared like I can't even explain.
Brad keeps telling me I'll be alright but I won't omg no I will not! hours of pain? UHGHGG whyyy?

My mum has packed all my things to go to the hospital and Brad says he will hold my hand through everything.

I wake up the next morning with a huge pain

"AHHHH GOD AHHHH" I scream and brad gets up instantly.

"Poppy are you alright, is it coming?" he asks

"Oooowwww!" I scream

"C'mon lets go to the hospital" brad says and he calls our privet ambulance to pick me up.

A few minutes later my water has brocken so everyone is pretty sure I'm about to give birth

"AHHH OH HOLY CRAP" I scream

"Poppy you will be fine" says the midwife

"NO I F***ING WONT AHHHH" I shout

Brad is holding my hand but the way I'm squeezing it its going to be purple soon.

"Breathe" says the midwife

"AHHHHHH OH OH OH AHHH" I push

"I can see the head! just keep pushing!" says the midwife.

I push again

"Almost there babe" brad kisses my forehead.

"One more push and-" she says

"AHHHHH!" I push my hardest and then my baby is out and I hear crying.

"Aw she's so beautiful" says the midwife

"Is everything okay?" asks brad

"Yeah she's perfectly healthy and the right size" says the midwife (who's name is Laura btw)

"Oh my god she's beautiful!" I say starting to cry.

My parents come into the room. They start giving name suggestions but ignore them.

I know the perfect name for her.

"Her name will be, Ella, Ella Rose Simpson" I say and my parents agree and so does brad.

The perfect ending to a stressful day.

•••

A/N:

So Poppy has had her baby now! whoop whoop!!!! hope you have enjoyed this chapter and if you have be sure to give it a star!

Tysm x

-Maddy💕