[7]

The drive to Starbucks felt slow for Tyler. It was because he was afraid. But he needed to be brave, not just for Josh, but for himself.

When they arrived, they saw Brendon running out of the building. Josh jumped out of the car and hugged him.

"It's so good to see you!" Brendon said.

"It's so good to see you too Urie." Josh replied.

Brendon patted Josh's head.

"You've grown since the last time I saw you."

"I know, it's been a long time."

"So, where is your new friend?"

When Brendon looked to the car, Tyler hid.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked.

"Oh no." Josh said. "He's just a little shy."

"It's okay. I completely understand."

"I'll go get him anyway."

Josh went over to the passenger side of the car. When he opened the door, he found Tyler cured up on the seat; crying.

"My love, what's wrong?"

"I'm scared Josh. You're the only one who will understand. Brendon never will."

Josh pulled the boy into his arms.

"Of course he will. Brendon would never judge."

"He wouldn't?"

"Of course not."

Josh helped Tyler out the car.

"You don't need to be scared. I'll be right by your side."

Tyler looked to Brendon, who was standing by the entrance; smiling and waiting for him to meet him. Eventually when he got there, Brendon pulled Tyler into his arms.

"It's so nice to meet you." He said. "Josh has told me so much about you."

"Oh really?" Tyler asked. "Because Josh has told me a lot about you."

Brendon chuckled.

"Well, now here we are."

He held out his hand.

"Brendon Urie."

He lightly shook his hand.

"Tyler Joseph."

Josh pulled him to his side.

"He's a bit scared."

"Don't be, I'm a very friendly person. Come along with me. I'm more than welcome to pay for coffee."

"Yeah." Josh said. "Tyler and I will be in there in a few."

Brendon nodded; walking back into Starbucks. Once he was inside, Josh kneeled down to Tyler.

"It's gonna be alright." He said. "I'll make sure Brendon doesn't do anything to you."

"What do you mean?" Tyler asked.

"Well, Brendon can sometimes go a bit crazy with new people. But I promise you, I'll make sure he doesn't try anything. Okay?"

Tyler sniffed and wiped his eyes.

"Okay Josh."

Josh smiled.

"Awesome."

Josh kissed him on the forehead. This made Tyler forget about the negatives of being unaccepted.

He didn't care anymore, or so he thought.