CHAPTER TWO: The Pain of The Truth

Dear Albus,

It is happening. The pull to the crystals is unbelievable and I fear that all your work will be undone. I have never seen such a connection. I knew her Mother, Serena didn't even have such a connection.

Please, Albus, you need to speak to him as he refuses to listen to my reasoning. I need to help her.

Sincerely,

            Silver Witch

She knew the dangers that accompanied the job, yet she had chosen it anyway. Silvia watched as her students left the classroom and knew that at any time, Aliah will learn of the true magic she possesses.

Silvia folded the paper into a swan before closing her eyes and whispering the spell. The swan slowly turned to dust and floated away into the air to the recipient.

----------------------

Silver,

If what you have written in your last letter is true, then yes I have to agree with you but Severus is stubborn. He has lost so much already he is finding it difficult to trust. He hasn't spoken of his daughter's name in over a decade. He only wants peace and this problem will only worsen his state.

However, if this is sorted quietly, he may receive the peace he deserves. I believe you know what is right, but please, take it slow and easy for her.

I look forward to meeting her soon,

Albus Perciful Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Silver read the letter over and over again until she was able to memorise it by heart. It was finally time, yet she felt nothing but dread and concern. A hand on her shoulder lifted her out of her reverie.

"Calm down Amore mio," her husband spoke as he sat next to her. His grey hair reflecting the flames of the fire in the fireplace. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and she snuggled into his neck.

"Dumbledore has written the reply?"

He felt the movement of her head. "Giordano, I am about to tip a girl's life upside down. She is bright and strong, but one can only handle so much,"

"You are going to show her the truth. You are going to tell her who she really is and the true potential that runs through her blood,"

"She is going to hate me,"

"She is like your adoptive daughter, there is no room in Aliah's heart for her to hate you. Who stopped her from hurting herself? Who was there to calm her down when she ready to go on a rampage. Honey, without you she would either be dead or in jail right now,"

"She seems to have inherited her Father's temper and dramatics," Silvia chuckled.

"Time heals all wounds, Silvia, no matter how deep they are. They will eventually become scars and that would become part of her."

---------------------

The music pumped through the boxing arena. Aliah was in the ring, sparring with Elora. Her hair was fully tied up in the bun on the top of her head. Due to the sweat, strands of hair were flying everywhere. Kora observed Lukah and a few of his friends on the mats.

Aliah high kicked her right foot, aiming for Elora's head but she ducked and twisted her leg. Aliah turned her body and used her weight to pull Elora to the ground.

"What happened with Mrs Strega Lia?" Kora called

"Nothing much," Elora pushed Aliah with her feet and ended up sitting on Aliah's hips.

"Call it!" Elora demanded

"Nope," Aliah raised her legs and wrapped them around Elora's chest. "I did the test, fell asleep when I finished, then woke when the bell rang,"

Using the muscles in her legs, Aliah flipped Elora to her side, then crawled on top to straddle her. She pinned Elora's wrists above her head.

"I must admit though," Aliah raised her head to look at Kora. "She did make a comment about my necklace,"

"So?" Elora grunted underneath her. Elora's blonde hair was cut just below her ears so only the front part was tied on top of her head. She had freckles on her cheeks that stood out from her fair skin. Her hazel eyes were fuelled with fury as she continued - but failed - to push Aliah off. "I call it. You win,"

Aliah released Elora and held out a hand to help her up. "I just thought that it was weird with the necklace. I've been in her class for how many years now, six? Not to mention she is a family friend of my parents so I've known her my whole life. Yet never once has she mentioned anything about crystals,"

"You are overthinking again," Kora said as she brought the girls their drink bottles.

"Probably," Aliah tipped her head back and squirted water into her mouth. "Right Lukah, hit the showers we have to go before mum and dad get home,"

Lukah nodded and did as he was told. Aliah ducked her head under the ropes and sat on the edge of the ring.

"How's home life?" Kora asked carefully.

"Same old. Dad yells when I don't do something right or act like how I am not supposed to," Aliah sighed. "No matter what I do, I can never please him.  I don't ever recall him saying how proud he is. He tells me he loves me, and I return it-"

"But it's not the same," Elora butts in. "My parents are separated but they are the same. Get the A's, sit straight, talk proper,"

Aliah lifted her bottle into the air. "To parents and their disappointment of their children!"

"Amen!" The other two chorused.