CHAPTER TWENTYONE - Never Let Me Go

The breakfast was silent after Mrs Malfoy had told Lucius her name. Aliah was confused as to why Narcissa had spoken her own maiden name to her husband. The only thing that Aliah knew, was that after Narcissa had said it, all questions about Aliah had ended. It was almost as if the Malfoy's knew who she was because of that line.

 Aliah was soaking in the hot water of Draco's tub. She had decided to relax after breakfast, and that she needed quiet to process the last forty-eight hours. As she closed her eyes, she realised that it was New Year's Eve. Aliah smiled. It was her favourite time of the year. 

Since being a night owl, Aliah loved the late celebrations that would last to the early hours of the morning. She remembered that every year, her cousins would plat a new drinking game which would cause the majority of the guests to become drunk. 

Aliah stood from the tub and reached for the clean towel Draco had given her before she hopped into the bath. She dried herself off and changed to the clothes that Draco's Mother had left for her to burrow. 

Aliah walked out of the bathroom and headed towards the door which would exit Draco's room. She touched the handle but suddenly pulled her hand back when she heard yelling. Aliah pressed her ear to the door and heard Draco's voice loud and clear.

"She doesn't want to see you!" 

Aliah jumped. Knowing exactly who was in the manor. Taking a breath, Aliah opened the door and walked down the hallway. She stopped at the banister and crouched down so she wouldn't be seen, but had a clear view of the entry foyer below.

"Draco, do not speak to your Professor like that!" Lucius scolded.

"I don't care who he is! He hurt Aliah! She was shaking when she came here," Draco argued. "Aliah does not scare easily,"

"You have only known the girl for a few months Draco,"

"Draco, where is she?" Severus almost begged.

"She left this morning, she is not here," Narcissa spoke. Aliah fell backwards. She was surprised, to say the least. From this morning to now, Mrs Malfoy was suspicious and sceptical, but suddenly she was defending Aliah?

"ALIAH?" She heard her father yell. Aliah felt her arms shake again. She felt for her onyx ring but realised it wasn't on. She mentally cursed. 

"You storm into my house, and now you yell," Lucius said sternly, obviously not happy about the intrusion of his home.  Aliah stood from her place. She had to end this now and for all. Aliah. placed her hand on the railing and took the first few steps of the staircase. She coughed to gain the attention of the adults below.

"Aliah," Professor Snape called. Aliah remained on the staircase, her eyes locked onto her Father's.

"Get out,"

"Aliah, please come with me. We need to talk,"

"No," She said sternly. Aliah gripped the banister tighter. She closed her eyes for a moment, letting a wave of dizziness pass.

"Aliah," Draco said softly as he rushed up the marble staircase to meet her. He reached out to her and she quickly gripped onto his arm. 

"I'm fine, just a bit dizzy," Draco wrapped his arm around her waist for support. 

"Aliah can we talk in private please?" Snape begged. Aliah saw Snape's eyes, there was only a shred of hope left. She finally nodded her head.

"Follow me I'll take you to a room where you two can talk in private," Narcissa said. Aliah held on to Draco as Narcissa showed the three of them followed her through a corridor and into a sitting room.