CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO - Start of Something New

Aliah laid on the bed in the room that the Malfoys allowed her to use during her stay. It was a small room, only having a bed and a chest of draws. Aliah didn't mind. She used to have a smaller bed.  She had stoled Draco's pillow, and tucked under her body. The smell of apples and cinnamon engulfed her into a small, comfortable cocoon.

Hours earlier, Snape and Aliah agreed that it was best that he returned to Hogwarts and that she stayed with the Malfoys. She still needed time to process everything. Aliah was glad that Snape had her backpack with him, which held all her possessions and clothing. 

Once her Father had left, Draco had dragged Aliah to his bedroom. She had sat him down on the couches and she told him everything. Everything from the spell, to her being a Metamorphmagus and what her Father had said to her. 

Draco also announced that the Manor would be holding a party to welcome the New Year that evening. She wasn't sure if she was to be excited or worried since she did not have anything to wear. From what she had seen Mrs Malfoy wear earlier that morning, Aliah assumed that it would be a fancy dress and very elegant. Clothing that Aliah never had in her wardrobe.  

 Aliah sat up when she heard a knock on the door. "May I come in?" A female voice called.

"It is your house, Mrs Malfoy," Aliah chuckled. 

"Professor Snape is your Father," Narcissa stood in front of the bed, looking down at Aliah. Aliah swung her legs off the bed. She nodded her head. Narcissa walked to the bedside table. Her manicured hands picked up the photo of Serena. 

"Yes. I am sorry for lying to you," Aliah said defeated. She expected the woman to kick her out of the manor. Narcissa returned the photo and looked out of the window.

"I've never seen my boy so happy," Narcissa said. She turned to Aliah who had a shock expression on her face. "I have something for you,"

Mrs Malfoy waved her wands towards the door. Black smoke twirled from the floor forming into a long black gown. It was floor length with a train with gold on the bottom. Aliah stood up and turned the dress around. It had a gold snake crawling up with gold chains connecting the snake to the material of the dress.

"It's beautiful!" Aliah exclaimed

"It is yours,"

"No, I possibly couldn't,"

"Take it. If it means that much to you wear it tonight then return it. I prefer if you kept it though, I am far too old to wear such a dress,"

"You're not old,"

"You are a kind one," Narcissa glanced at Aliah. "No, take this. It was a gift from a good friend of mine many years ago. I think you should have it,"

Aliah held the dress in her fingertips. "Thank you, Mrs Malfoy,"

The woman nodded her head and opened the door to leave. She paused. " I believe you are the one for Draco," She spoke. She slightly moved her head to see Aliah. "Even if you or he does not see it. I do,"

Aliah's mouth gaped open. "Mrs Malfoy, your son and I are only friends." Aliah decided against telling her the deal she had made with Draco.

"You need to get ready Miss Holt. Guests will be arriving soon," Narcissa pointed her wand at the table and a pair of golden stilettos appeared. "I think you should find them quite comfortable," she smirked as she closed the door.

Taking a moment to snap back to reality, Aliah headed to the bathroom that was next door to her room. She was surprised that the draws and cupboards were full of make- up and hair products.