CHAPTER NINETEEN: Breathe

Aliah had to leave. She would return to Hogwarts, but she couldn't stay by herself. She packed her crystals and wore Draco's ring. She needed strength and could feel some physical strength return. She also packed a few clothes and her Mother's photo. She grabbed her backpack and left the tower.

She had heard from other students that there was no way out of the castle. There was an exception for one person. She didn't know she was going to pull it off, but Aliah always had a way with words. She walked up to the gargoyle and gulped. It towered over her.

Saying the password, the staircase revealed itself and Aliah climbed the stairs. She lifted her fist to knock on the wooden door. Before her fist made contact, the door swung open. She poked her head in through the door. She took a step back when she didn't see anyone inside.

"Good to see that you are feeling much better Miss Holt," a voice called from the office. "You may come in,"

Aliah reluctantly entered the office, closing the door behind her. She lifted her eyes to the second floor at the sound of footsteps.

"Professor Dumbledore?"

"I see that you are going somewhere," He noted as descended the staircase. Aliah tightened her hand on the bag strap. The old wizard walked behind his desk ad stint he high backed chair. "Where do you wish to go, Miss Holt?"

"I- I," Aliah stuttered. She sighed and shook her head. "I need to get out of here sir. I need to breathe without having something jumping at me at every corner. I just want a few days where nothing is expected of me, or what or who I am. Please, Sir,"

Dumbledore handed her a goblet. "When you return, you know what will happen,"

Aliah nodded. The plate in her hand started to vibrate. "What the hell?" By the time Aliah looked up, she felt as if she was sucked into a tube. She closed her eyes and prayed that she would be safe. She has heard things about Hogwarts, and not everything settled easily.

Aliah landed with a thud. She opened her eyes and found herself in a paddock surrounded by a wooden fence. She stood up and brushed the dirt off her clothes. The house in front of her was tall and leaning much too far to one side. Aliah hoped there was a magic of sorts holding the structure together.

Aliah spotted a back door with an open window. She stepped over stones and ditches to get to the door. She tapped on the door, which was soon opened by an older, plump woman. "Aliah Holt?" She asked. Aliah narrowed her eyes and nodded. "Come in dear, I'm Mrs Weasley. GINNY COME DOWN PLEASE,"

Aliah entered the house and jumped at the hurried footsteps throughout the house. She smiled when Ginny rushed down the stairs, "Aliah?" Ginny rushed to her friend and gave her a bear hug. "What are you doing here?"

The young Weasley then noticed the bloodshot eyes, with dark bags underneath. She looked at the bag and realised that her friend had run away from the school of witchcraft and wizardry. Ginny grabbed her bag and took Aliah to her room. "Sit Aliah," Ginny motioned to her bed.

Aliah sat on the single bed and scanned at the posters of female quidditch players.

"Do you want anything to drink?"

"No thanks. Sorry for barging in like this, I...I couldn't stay there anymore. Not on my own anyway,"

"What happened?" Ginny sat next to Aliah and threw an arm over Aliah's shoulders. Aliah rested her elbows on her knees and leaned forward. She ran her fingers through her hair, then intertwined her fingers in front of her.

"I found out who my Father is,"

"That's great isn't?"

Aliah shook her head. She felt her cheeks heat up and water filled her eyes. She turned her head and made Ginny swear not to say a word to anybody. "My Father is Professor Snape and my Mother was the daughter of Professor McGonagall," Aliah sobbed. Ginny stayed silent, unsure of what to say or do. Aliah remained in her friend's hold until Mrs Weasley called them down for dinner.