CHAPTER FIVE: Truth of Lies

Aliah sat frozen. Her mind buzzing with thoughts, well two really. Either this woman had lost her mind or she was speaking the truth. Aliah didn't know which one she wished was truer.

"You need to know the truth Aliah, you were never supposed to find out this way, but under these circumstances, we had no choice,"

"How do I know that this isn't some sick joke? How do I know that you haven't gone crazy?"

Mrs Strega sighed and reached out to grasp Aliah's hands in hers.

"How much do you trust me Aliah?"

Aliah stared at her teacher, who repeated the question again before she finally answered.

"You are the only person who I trust wholeheartedly, especially after the incident,"

Mrs Strega nodded. "What you know about magic is real. Witches, wizards, vampires and werewolves. Though, I don't think werewolves are exactly what you would imagine,"

"How do you know?"

"That you are a witch? Aliah, you were born with these powers, your mother had a phenomenal connection to crystals which she has passed to you. A spell was cast on you to suppress your powers,"

"My mother? Julia? There is no way she is witch, she knows nothing of crystals. Even if she was, why would she cast a spell to prevent my powers, wouldn't she have just taught me?"

"Aliah, Julia is not-" Mrs Strega was cut off by a scream. Her own scream. Mrs Strega clutched her hair and fell off the chair has her body started to convulse.

Aliah jumped to her feet and hovered over her teacher, trying to remain calm and not allow her body to have a panic attack again.

"STOP, STOP I KNOW!" Mrs Strega screamed. Almost like magic, she stopped screaming. Aliah rushed over to her teacher's belongings and passed the drink to her.

She slowly stood up and ran to the door, ignoring the call of her name from her teacher behind her. Mrs Strega tried to push herself up from the floor but she was too weak from Severus's spell.  From the floor, she was as Aliah froze when she opened the door.

Aliah stood in front of a person cloaked in black, their face hidden a decorative silver mask. A bad feeling swept over her, making her take a step back.

Despite the figure in black, she knew that they were not the person who had been watching over her. Instinctively, Aliah fumbled for her amethyst. A warm sensation washed over.

She took another step back onto bump into something hard. Aliah slowly turned around. Another person dressed the same as the other figure looked down at her. Behind the second figure, she saw a stick of some sort, fly into the direction of Mrs Strega.

Instinctively Aliah jumped on one leg and kicked the man's chest with the other. She heard a word -expel, exerla - and the stick that Mrs Strega held in her hand, flew across the room.

Aliah wasn't dumb to know that these people were dangerous. She leapt on the desk and to the ground, next to her teacher.
"What the hell is going on?" Aliah growled. They both flinched at the sound of something hitting the table.

Aliah crawled around to the other desk, preparing herself to get the jump on the man. The other had disappeared. Aliah slid under the desk and was about to pounce when another man stood over the first intruder.

The new man turned to look at her. He had shoulder -length black hair and a crooked nose. She couldn't describe it but she felt a familiarity with the man and knew that he wasn't going to harm her.

She felt her body relax and Mrs Strega walked over to pick up the stick and met the man and Aliah in the middle of the room. "Severus," she greeted grimly.

"Silvia," he replied the same way. Aliah narrowed her eyes at the two, had these to had history? No way. Mrs Strega was at least thirty years older than then man -Severus.

-----------------------------------------

Severus looked at the fourteen-year-old. Her long black hair was tied into a loose ponytail and the eyeliner she wore complimented her dark eyes. He noticed that when she glared at people- like how she was at Silvia - it was sharp and dangerous. He could tell that she was her mother's daughter.

"What happened here?" Severus asked Silvia

"What does it look like? I'm lucky that Aliah can stand up for herself,"

Severus turned his head slightly back to the girl. Aliah shrugged, "I know how to fight in combat"

"Hand to hand," Silvia cleared, noticing the confused look on Severus's face.

"Ok, can someone please tell me what the hell is going here?" Aliah growled

"I told-" Silvia was cut off by Aliah. Aliah clenched her fists at her sides and her face was slowly going red.

"You told me I was a witch! Which after all this ok, yeah I believe in magic but I am not a fucking witch!"

"One, language. And two you are a witch. Don't lie to me when you say you haven't felt a connection with crystals. I have seen it. The way they calm you. To stop you from losing control,"

Aliah's eyes shot up. Severus shook his head. Confused as to why the girl was suddenly so defensive. "I have control because I myself am in control. Not some crystals,"

"And you believe that do you?"

Aliah stayed silent. She huffed and slumped into the seat. "I hate you, you know," Aliah mumbled, not wanting her teacher to hear.

"You and the other students in this school."

Aliah grumbled a curse word under her breath and bent over her knees. Her elbows dug into her knees and buried her head in her hands. Her heart thumped against her rib cage as she tried to control her breathing.

Mrs Strega put her hands on Aliah's shoulders. "Breathe, Aliah breathe,"

"What is happening?" Severus asked worryingly. Aliah felt her chest tighten and she struggled to breathe.

"Aliah listen to my voice. You are going to be alright, just breathe ok?"

Aliah closed her eyes and after a few attempts, she managed to control her breathing and heart rate. Severus looked emotionless on the outside but inside he was scared. Why does she have panic attacks? He has seen his students have them but usually, it was caused by something in their past.

Aliah sat up straight and open her eyes. He faces had no expression but Mrs Strega's was of concern. "You don't need to act,"

"I'm fine," Aliah sighed in a monotonal voice. Silvia was about to open her mouth to object but closed it - deciding that once Aliah had pushed her emotions aside, there was a slim chance to return them.

She turned to Severus and placed her hands on her hips. "Don't you have some meeting to go to or something?"

"Dumbledore urges for your return. You and Giordano," Snape ordered, ignoring the snarling tone behind Silvia's voice.

"Is his beard stopping him from comprehending what I have been telling him for many years now? We are happy with our life here. We will not return. However, I will bring Aliah but that is it,"

Snape kept his face emotionless as he turned to Aliah. "We shall meet again soon," he said as he waved his wand and disappeared in thin air.

"We must go. Now!" Mrs Strega grabbed Aliah and dragged her out of the classroom.