CHAPTER ELEVEN: The Prince of Slytherin

Ginny had offered to take Aliah to the library to get a head start on her classes for the next day. The two walked down the corridor. It was cold in the corridor and despite the number of students, body warmth did nothing.

Due to being fight foot four and holding a stack of books, Aliah was relying on Ginny's red hair to guide her through the crowd. It worked for the majority of the way since Ginny was taller. However, Aliah crashed into someone.

"Oh for fuc-" Aliah froze when her dark eyes met cool grey ones. The boy was tall and skinny. He didn't have much muscle on him but she could tell that the boy was fit. He had blonde hair which was gelled to spike up in a cool, casual way. He was dressed in all black with the exception of the green and silver scarf around his neck.

"I'm uh-" the boy was cut off by Ginny

"Nice going Malfoy,"

"Shut it Weaslette," the boy named Malfoy snapped but didn't look away from Aliah. He quickly pulled out his hand for her to shake. "Malfoy. Draco, Malfoy,"

Aliah shook his hand. He raised an eyebrow and she quickly realised that she hadn't introduced herself. "Oh, Aliah Holt,"

"Nice to-" once again, Draco was cut off by Ginny

"Bugger off Malfoy."

Finally, Draco dragged his eyes away from Aliah to glare at Ginny. "Didn't your mother ever teach you manners? Never mind," he then bent down to pick up the books. He stood up and gently placed them in Aliah's arms, "Until next time,"

He gave Aliah a small smile before leaving the duo to their study. Ginny scoffed and continued to walk forward. "That was rude," Aliah scolded her friend. 

"Trust me, if it comes to a Malfoy, they deserve it,"

"No one deserves to be treated that way,"

Ginny stopped and turned to Aliah. "Listen. Draco Malfoy is rude, arrogant and an outright bully. He does not care for anyone outside of the Slytherin house or his own family. You need to stay away from him,"

"I think I will make my own decision about him. He seems alright. He might have done things to you, but not to me,"

Ginny studied her. "You are definitely something Aliah Holt. Just what, I do not know,"

"Well let me know when you decide."

----------------------------------

The next morning, Aliah was greeted with the early rays of the sun. She groaned and rolled over bury her head in the pillow. She was about to fall asleep once again until one of her roommates ripped the covers off her body.

Aliah flipped around and glared at a smirking Ginny. "Get up. You have potions with Snape,"

"It can't be class time yet," Aliah groaned. She closed her eyes and allowed the fluffy pillow to engulf her head. "It's too fucking early,"

"No, but you don't want to skip breakfast,"

"Doesn't bother me," Aliah yawned. "I'm used to skipping breakfast,"

Ginny narrowed her eyes and grabbed Aliah to pull her up. "Well, you are at Hogwarts now. In my house, no one misses a meal,"

Aliah was pushed out of bed, murmuring curse words at the redhead. She quickly grabbed her clothes and headed to the bathroom to change and prepare herself for her first day. She changed into her robes and added eyeliner to sharpen her eyes.

She looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair looked almost black but when caught by the sun, it was a very dark brown. Aliah glided her fingers over her hair that was hanging over her shoulder in a fish braid. "How on earth did I get here. This wasn't part of the plan,"