chapter 10

I fix my clothes for the last time before getting Nova at the lobby. She is waiting for me to attend an important meeting at their office.

"Where is Death?" I asked when I reached
her.

"He is already gone with his right man, Percy."

"Percy? I never heard about Percy."

"Percy only needed when my uncle doing his overseas job."

"Speaking about job, Nova, I want to ask you something very serious."

"About what?"

"Death."

"Okay."

"Do you know who really is he?" I don't know why I must ask she about this, but I think her answer is important. If she know Death as a normal human being, then I will never mention anything about his another side. But if she know, that will make a huge different on how we will talk about him.

"Of course I know. He is what is his name. Death."

"Oh." I smiled like an idiot. What a relief because knowing that I free to talk anything what I feel or think about her uncle. No insecurities require.

"I know everything, Autumn. That stories I make up yesterday was almost true."

"What do you mean by almost true?"

"I am adopted but my parents was not a beggar. Death said my parents was died on accident. He save me from the accident and adopt me since that day. I was only two months when he take me to his house. Of course he didn't want me to know the truth, but he decided to tell me everything when I am done with my study. He want me to choose the easy life as a normal teenager or to become a though heir of Domiango Empire."

"So you make your choice?"

"Of course I did. I can give up this luxury life and live normally out there, but I love him as my only family member. How can I leave him after all what he doing for my life. You see, I hope I can continue to help people as the heir of Domiango. That why I don't leave. And most important is I want to witness his big day with you. You have no idea how happy I am when he told me, he finally found his last bride."

I gasped. I smiled when Nova lean her head on my shoulder.

"I miss this situation. I always wish I have someone to talk my feelings, my problems but there are no one for me. Death is always busy with his job. I am glad because today I have you. Can you tell me about your self Autumn?"

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

I sighed. Then I tell her everything. Her face changing along with my story which is make me laugh. She slapped my hand and tell its not funny to get bullied at school. My story ended at the day Death take me to his house.

"What a hard life of you. I am glad my uncle find you this soon, Autumn. Should I call you aunty, sometimes maybe?"

"What?"

"Please, I always want to call someone with family title. Besides your name, I want to call you aunty. Please."

"God, I think its sounded weird."

"Not for me. Besides you are my uncle partner. Aunty will be suit you."

"Okay fine. Don't bring up this again."

"Okay. Oh my god, I have an aunty? I will tell the world about this right now."

"No. Don't. We might get robbed if you do that."