chapter 16

Death

I can't believe this. I left my house without telling Autumn. Well I hope Eros will have some advice to help me at this situation. I really need a break from Autumn.

I don't want her to leave me. I need to make she always happy. But, I afraid that she will falling in love with me and that will make her hurt because I can't love her back. What should I do?

"Sir Trent Domiango, what can I do for you?"

I walk in without glanced to Eros.

"Do you have a beer? I need the strongest one."

"Whoa... calm down you my friend. Tell me what is your problem then I will bring you the strongest wine I got from Dionysus."

"I need your advice, Eros. Nobody can help me but you."

"When its come to love, well I am your man. So, what I need to speak to you?"

"Its about my bride, Autumn."

"Okay."

"You know, when I bring her move in to my house, The Fate has come to me and told me about my fate with Autumn."

"Go on."

"They said, once I falling in love with Autumn, she will left me. Do you know what was that supposed to be mean?"

Eros staring at my face with this expression.

"They said that to you?"

"Yes, Eros. I had been thinking about it and it make me stressed out. Like hell."

"Did they tell you anything else?"

"Nothing. I don't want to be alone again, Eros. Why must my last bride will left me when I falling in love with her? Ridiculous."

"Yeah. That is suck. So, what do you plan so far?"

"Nothing at all. I just hold my feelings for her. I don't want to risk anything. Even her feelings to me."

"She will getting hurt, Death. She will falling in love with you soon or later."

"I know. That is why I come to you. I want to keep her with me but at the same time, I don't want to hurt her feelings."

"I need a drink." He left. I sighed. Maybe I should back to hell and let her stay here. Let the distance working on our fate. Oh, that is great idea anyway.

"Okay. This will not solve your problem but for me its help me to falling into a deep sleep."

"Its okay Eros. I think, I got a solution for this matter."

"Care to share with me?"

"I will be back to the hell but I will visit sometimes. What do you say?"

"You want to keep a distance between you and your bride? I mean it not a distance that you can reach by car or airplane or ship or whatever. Are you serious?"

"Yes Eros. I am very serious. I will use my job as the main reason to go back to the hell. She will understand and we will be okay."

"That is fine but for how long?"

"I don't know. Maybe forever?"

"You are insane. That is not fair to her. She is your life partner Death, not a prisoner."

"So you have a better idea than that?"

He muted for a while then nodded.

"For now, I agree with you. But still, you should concern about your bride feelings."

"I know. Don't worry about that. See you again Eros. And can I take this wine with me?"

"You don't have any wine at your house?"

"Plenty but not any bottle from Dionysus."

"Okay then."

........................................................................

Autumn

I yawned. Its six in the morning. I pull off the cover and... wait, a cover? Oh, I was asleep on the couch at the tv room last night

"Good morning, Lady Hope. My name is Olga. I am your personal maid. Master Domiango has hired me last night. He left this note for you." I startled when a mid age women greeting me. She handed me a white robe and a piece of paper with a smile never left her face.

"Good morning too." I take a few moments to process her morning speech then nodded.

"Did he told you anything else besides this note?"

"Nothing, my lady. You may take your breakfast before you go to school, my lady."

"Okay. Thank you Olga."

"My pleasure, My lady." then she left. Do I really need a maid? Until this time, I only know Percy, Death's right man, but now he is Nova's bodyguard, Siena the girl who is bring me delicious birthday cake, Trevor, the main messenger of Domiango Empire and Marcel Domiango, Death's uncle. And now I have Olga as my maid. What a great life as a Death bride.

I open the note and read it.

Dear Autumn my bride,

I am sorry for my absent and left without meeting you. My job require myself and I can't bring you with me. I will come to visit but I can't promise you the time. Olga will do anything you need so you can focus to your final exam. Don't worry about our marriage, it can wait until you finish your study. I will be back.

Death.

So, he left. No. He going back to the hell. Without meeting me. I wiped my tears. Why must I feeling like I am alone? I touch the ring on my finger. The memories of me and him flashes in my mind. At least I have something with him to remember. Oh and I have his pictures on my phone too. Maybe I should printing them so I can see his face without holding my phone all the time. I need an extra time with my books anyway. I will printing the pictures for sure.

I rushed to parked my car after entering the main residence of Domiango.

"Good afternoon, Lady Hope." Olga greeting me. She is taking my bag and my books.

"Thank you Olga. I will be at the study room. Don't let anyone come to the house. Okay?"

"Yes, my lady."

I nodded and make my may to the study room. I put the envelope on the table and pull out the pictures of me and Death. I touch the paper and smile.

With this pictures, I can always staring at his face. I already miss him.