chapter 15

Death

"Congratulations, brother. You are getting married again."

Very funny. I don't know why this gods and goddess from the Olympus is always have their interest with my life. They even write a books about me and my past brides.

They are not my relatives nor closed friends. What make us seem like family members is, we are what people call ancient creatures or myth or many more names.

"Thank you." I sounded with a weak tone.

"What happen? Your bride is hate you again?"

I shake my head. Autumn have nothing problem with us to being together. I know she like my company because she is an orphanage, live alone like me. She always show her respect, kind manners and good emotions when we are going out together.

Its me the problem. I can't never forget what did the Fate had told me about my future with Autumn.

She will leaving you at the day you finally falling in love with her.

Why I keep receiving this cruel destiny? Why Autumn must be left? And do I really will falling in love with her? When the day? That is the main problem to me now.

The only thing I can do is not to falling in love with her so, she will never leaving me. That is the only solution.

"You are never be in a bar, Death. What is really happen to you?"

"Its nothing, Eros. I am fine so do Autumn. I just stress out to think about the marriage."

"Do you plan to run away on your wedding day?"

"No. I will never do that. All I want is my relationship with Autumn will lasts forever."

"Ahh... so you are afraid if she is leaving you like the previous brides of you?"

This time I nodded.

"Poor Death. Don't worry, I will do anything to help you. You just ask, okay?"

"So far I am fine, Eros. Thank you again."

"Sure, you deserve to be happy my friend. Don't worry I will think something to do about you and your bride this time. Just in case if you don't mind."

I nodded. I don't want to bring this conversation more further. I can to solve this problem alone without any help from Eros or anyone else. They can't do anything to stop the Fate.

We continue talking about random stuff and Eros also spoke that he hope, one day he will be able to find his partner too. Well I don't know much about his marital life but he deserve someone to loved him tough. Even if his job is something like make a match for the human, not to forget about his natural attraction to anybody saw him which is make him like he is the universal playboy, still he need to find his true love.

………………………………………………………………

Our marriage is the next event that make me think. Again. Autumn is fine with everything but I am not. I want to make her always happy and that so, she will never leave me. By doing that, I must be with her more often. I care about her feelings but my feelings will ruin everything. Can I hold my feelings forever? I don't want to lose her. I will doing anything to keep her with me. If only I doesn't have any kind of emotions, this will be much easier than a words.

"Hey... how long you have been there?" I startled when her soft voice greeting me from my back. I turn around only to see her with her school uniform.

"My day is great if you want to know." She state and walking passed me heading to the kitchen. I realized she like to hanging out at the kitchen besides the garden at the backyard.

"Why? Something happen to you?"

"No. Its just the final exam. God, I need like forever to study what did I missed."

"You can do your exam. Don't worry, you will be fine."

"I hope so. I am starving."

"I will cook something for you. Go change first."

"Really? You are life saviour." She kissed on my cheek and left. Okay. Thats make me stoned like an antic statue. She kissed me? Did she really kissed me on my cheek? No. No. This is must be a dream. God! No! We are not suppose to do anything that will increase any possibilities to growing up our feeling towards each other. So, why must I acting like the crazy virgin teenager? I had been kissed before with.. okay. I forgot when the last time I did kissing somebody. I palmed my forehead. I must do something. I will acting like her touch or feelings or kindness or anything, doesn't give special vibes to me. Its suck because the truth is, I starting to used with her presence around me and I like the feeling to protect her from any harm. I want to be more friendly with her but at the same time I don't want to hurt her feelings. I don't want she falling for me. I must be able to control my self.

For the sake of I don't want to be alone again, I will doing anything to keep Autumn with me. Its hard but I need to do that.

………………………………………………………………

Autumn

I watching Death from the corner of the stair. For a moment, I almost laugh when he is get shocked because I kissed on his cheek. Then, his expression become blank like he had done something really wrong. I never seen Death like this before. Its like he have a battle inside his mind. He frowns, rubbed his jaw, palmed his forehead and he left. I lean on the wall. Did the kissing part is wrong to him?

I think if I doing that, he will be happy but that was not even a good idea. He left without cooked me any meal. That make it worse. I swear, I will never kiss him again.