chapter 18

Death

I dismissed Olga as I reached the bed. My heart broken when I see Autumn face is pale and her lips is purple. I take her palm and bring it to my lips.

Suddenly her eyes is open and smiled to me.

"You are here?" She asked me softly.

I nodded.

"Lay with me, please." Her eyes is watering. I climb on the bed and lay on her left side. I put my left arm on the pillow and lay on my side. I touch her hair and kissed her forehead. She snuggled to my chest and inhale of my scent. I know she like to do that.

"I missed you smell." She muttering weakly.

"What happen?" I asked.

"I just getting busy with the books. I will be fine now." I want to believe that but her condition is speaking the opposite.

"I will take you to the doctor."

"Don't. I just want to be here with you. You are leaving soon and I don't want to wasting any single moment while you are here." I feel another pang on my chest.

"I am sorry. But I need to go back there." I will not explain myself. Not now.

"Don't be sorry about your job, silly. Can you sing a song for me?" I look down to her face.

"What kind of sing?"

"Anything." I sighed.

"Well.. I only know this song if you don't mind."

"I don't mind at all." I feel her tiny arm are on my waist. God, I really want to be like this with her everyday, but I just can't. I start humming the only song I know. And its somehow related to our situation.

~~~
She's gone
out of my life
I was wrong
I'm to blame
I was so untrue
I can't live without her love

In my life
there's just an empty space
all my dreams are lost
I'm wasting away
forgive me, girl...

Lady, won't you save me?
my heart belongs to you
lady, can you forgive me
for all I've done to you
Lady, oh lady....

She's gone
out of my life
Oh she's gone
I find it so hard to go on
I really miss that girl
my love

Come back into my arms
I'm so alone
I'm begging you
I'm down on my knees
forgive me, girl....

Lady, won't you save me?
my heart belongs to you
Lady, can you forgive me
for all I've done to you
Lady, oh lady....
oh lady....

~~~

……………………………………………………………

Autumn

Last night was the best night ever after I move in to Death's house. He was stayed with me until morning. He even prepared a simple breakfast for me. I really didn't want the night was going to end but what to do. I need to go the school to face my reality and he is need to go back to his work.

What make me surprised was, Nova is come to the house to visiting me, with Percy of course.

"You look like hell. Are you sure you are just get tired with your final exam?"