chapter 11

A knock on my door make me jump from my nap.

"Come in." I answer with low tone. Since there is no one staying with me in this house, I hundred percent sure its Death on my door.

He open the door and step inside. He walks slowly towards me with his calm expression.

"I come to give you something." he said.

"Really? But I have plenty from the shopping today. Nova is crazy when come to shopping."

"Its different from what did you and Nova get from there."

"Oh, okay. What is it then?"

"Here, you can open it."

He handed me a box. Two boxes actually.

"You buy me a new cellphone?" He nodded. I glanced to my old phone. Maybe its really time to say goodbye to the phone that I used since four years ago.

"Its same as the one I am use. Its not that expensive but I hope you like it."

"Don't be silly, Death. Its more than enough for me. This house and the food are actually my main need. I.. I never expect to live like this. You are so rich, maybe the richer of the rich?"

He just smiled not bother to reply my comment about his life.

"I prepared everything for my bride, and its you. Don't be sorry to use them. The people and this material you see is ours."

I can't find my words. I put the new phone on my bed and slowly open the second box. This time my heart near to stop beating.

Its a ring. I mean an expensive one. The colour, shape and material makes me hold my breathe. This is too much. I bring my gaze to his face. My excitement is now slowly fading away. I have a right to be scared right? After all, I am only a normal human being. Even if my life was too hard before, but receiving non stop expensive material in one time is bring me to the another level of scariness. Its like I just sold my self to the stranger that claim me as his bride. I know Death can read mind or something like that, but I don't care if he is reading my mind right now. This kind of life is just crazy.

"This is for you. I usually ask someone I know to create a special ring for my brides, but its seems doesn't last forever. So, I buy this especially for you as a sign that you are engaged to me."

"Oh.. so this is an engagement ring?" I asked. My voice is cracked. He nodded and take the ring. He take my right hand and slowly put it on my ring finger. He surprised me again, when the ring is fit on my finger perfectly!

I break into tears. Even no one is witnessing this moment, still I feel so happy. I hugged Death and cry on his chest. He pat on my back and I can feel he is smiling. This hug will make me want to sleep. Why was his hard chest always make me feel calm and safe? I am getting used to this comfort. I inhale of his scent.

Suddenly the door is swung open.

"Bravo!" And I don't know where is everybody come from, they are clapping and taking pictures. Their leader is of course the one and only Nova Domiango.

"I told you, he was buying a ring and plan to get engaged without letting us to know. What a lucky bastard." Nova poke on Percy muscular chest.

"I have no idea." Percy glanced to us and shake his head. Awww... he is so cute. Suddenly I got this idea but I will tell Death about it later. Right now, I want to enjoy the moment.

Death doesn't take off his hands from my waist, he is smile when I tell him I that like his present more than Nova's, but the truth is, his present makes me nervous to die. Another talent of the acting shy Death. Soon after, Nova throw they all out from my room, including her uncle. She ask Percy to do something with Death like prepare him to attend a dinner.

And for me, Nova ask me to wear one of the dress we had buy and put a simple make up on my face. She said, we need to throw a party even if everything is happen in a flash of eyes.

I can't do nothing but agree with her. Its my engagement day anyway. If Death doesn't care much about this but its a big deal for me. I deserve to treasure every precious moment that is happen on my life. Right?

And talking about a party, when you are tied a knot with a hotels owner, who is rich until the sky is the limit, a venue and a the food is not a big problem. Nova just give an order through her phone and everything is working on like she wants.

"And you are done. Oh my god! I didn't realize I have a talent to do a make up for somebody else. Or its you who is already beautiful?"

"Shut up, Nova. You make me nervous." She laugh and pull out a pair of high heels from the rack.

"You need to wear this and you are perfect. The most beautiful bride-to-be I ever seen. My uncle is so lucky to have you. And not to forget, my cousins must be cute, handsome and gorgeous like both of you."

"Okay.. okay. Stop talking Nova. I feel like I want to pee."

"Not now, aunty. We need to get ready. The car must be ready, so do the venue."

"What do you planning exactly, Nova?"

"Your engagement day party of course. Don't you worry, Autumn. You will be fine."

"But what if Death doesn't like it?"

"He can't refuse it. Besides, you are just lovely. And as a girl, I know exactly what a girls need. I just want to help you to feel the moment. We have no parents with us, don't we?"

God, that is true! Nova wipe her tears. Silly me, now I make this girl crying on my engagement day.

"I am sorry Nova. Okay no more sad memories today. We can leave anytime you want."

She hugged me and smile.

"Lets me call Percy, if he say everything is ready, then we free to go."

"Okay."

I staring at my fingers. The ring that Death give to me makes me relief somehow. I sighed, I want to be happy, at least once in my life and maybe the time is finally come.