chap 6 ; get used to it

when we finally arrived at the apartment jake quickly put the puppy down and the puppy ran up the couch and fell asleep on it.

jake - "hey. so i was wondering what name we should choose for the puppy"

me - "oh, um i don't know"

jake - "how bout, kayjake or janake (jane•aek)

me - "i think kayjake would be perfect" i say with a smile.

jake - "alrighty then. kayjake it is" he smiles back.

i think kayjake is a really cute name.

he put my first name and his together.

aw.

i blush.

luckily jake didn't notice.

but then i remembered ;

he has a crush on lora, and lora has a crush on him.

and by thinking of that i dropped my head looking at the ground full of sadness.

jake walks in the apartment

while me on the other hand is leaning on the door frame still looking down.

jake turns around looking at me confused.

jake - "hey what's wrong?" he said walking towards me

i quickly look up and do a quick fake smile.

when jake reaches me he put his right hand on my shoulder looking deep into my eyes.

me - "um. um. nothing is wrong, why?" i say biting the bottom of my lip.

jake - "i know when something is wrong. i'm your bestfriend. i know when you're happy, sad, or mad. and right now you're feeling sad. please jane, tell me what is wrong"

me - "do you like lora? as in a crush?" i say biting my lip again

jake - "wait. you're sad because i like lora?"

me - "damnit jake just answer the question!" i say squinting my eyebrows

jake - "and now your mad *rolls eyes* but yes jane, i like lora, why do you ask?"

me - "well because we just met her today and you know nothing about her!" i say looking down

jake - "and so? why are you so sad because i have a crush on a girl? it's not like we're dating jane, i could like any girl i wanna like"

after what he said.

i tore.

my heart tore to pieces.

i didn't know what to say or what to do.

i was heartbroken.

me - "oh, okay" was all i could manage to say.

i walk passed jake and sat onto the couch next to the puppy petting it's fur.

jake closed the door and sat next to me, looking into my eyes.

jake - "look jane. i know i'm your bestfriend, and i know everything about you. but you're sad about me having a crush on a girl, i don't understand that. i like lora, you just gotta get used to it"

and by that, jake got up and went inside the room. closing the door behind him.