13

Charlotte's POV:

Charlotte's POV:

"Fred Andrews?"

I immediately remove my head from Archie's shoulder as he stands up. I follow after him and walk over to the doctor.

"How is he?" Archie asks right away.

The doctor smiles. "We were able to remove the bullet and clean the wound. He's in stable condition for now."

Archie sighs and runs his hands down his face. "Can I see him?"

The doctor says it's okay. Archie glances at me and I send him a reassuring nod. He follows the nurse as I turn around and head over to the chairs.

Veronica, Jughead and Betty arrived about an hour ago. We're all just sitting here, waiting to see what happens next.

I rub my eyes tiredly and take a seat next to Sweet Pea, who's elbows are resting on his knees with his head in his hands. When he hears me plop down next to him, he immediately sits up straight and looks down at me.

He wraps his arms around my shoulders as I rest my head on his chest. "What'd they say?"

I snuggle into his warm body some more and close my eyes, feeling tiredness hit me like a truck. "He's stable right now."

I hear him sigh in relief. "That's good."

I nod in agreement and as I slowly doze off, the last thing I feel is him kiss the top of my head.

"Charlie

"Charlie." I hear, followed by someone running their fingers through my hair. My eyebrows furrow and I shake my head, snuggling further into the warmth. "Princess." The soft voice continues.

I sigh and slowly open my eyes, adjusting to the brightness. I suddenly remember where I am and sit up straight, looking around frantically.

"Relax baby, everything's fine." I hear Sweet Pea say from beside me, allowing me to calm down a little. I sigh and lean my head on his shoulder. "Hey, I think I should bring you home so you can change." He must've seen my hesitation because he continues. "We'll come right back, I promise."