16

Charlotte's POV:

Charlotte's POV:

I take a deep breath to try and calm my nerves.

"Calm down Lottie." Betty says softly. "We'll stay away from him, okay?" I nod hesitantly.

When she says 'him' she's referring to Archie.

I told her about how he kissed me. She was shocked to say the least. She told me that it would be best to let Archie tell Veronica. I agreed. I really didn't want to see how angry she would be.

Probably as angry as Sweet Pea was.

Speaking of Sweet Pea, I haven't heard from him since yesterday at the Whyte Wyrm. Usually we'd text before going to sleep.

"So, you still haven't heard from Sweet Pea?" Betty asks.

I shake my head and pause just as we reach my locker. "D-Do you think he's mad at me?"

Betty laughs. "Nobody could ever be mad at you Lottie. It's impossible." I blush at her words and continue swapping my books out.

"Found him." Betty nods towards something behind me. I close my locker and turn to see Sweet Pea.
My eyebrows furrow. He's walking in my direction with his jaw clenched. But he's not looking at me, he's looking at someone behind me.

I turn once again and see Archie at his locker with Veronica. So he hasn't told her yet.

I suddenly realize what's about to happen and as Sweet Pea storms towards Archie, I step in his path. I place my hand on his chest to stop him. "What are you doing?"

He scoffs. "Teaching the mutt a lesson."

I attempt to push on his chest when he tries to walk again. "P-Please, Sweets." I whisper, looking between his dark eyes.

He looks down at me as if he was contemplating what to do. He then shakes his head and steps around me, continuing to walk towards Archie.

My eyes widen and I quickly follow after him.
"Sweets, don't-"

"Hey, bulldog." His deep voice calls out, sending shivers down my spine.

I sigh. It's too late.

Archie looks away from Ronnie and at the glaring Serpent. I see his eyes widen but he hides his fear by glaring back. He must know why Sweet Pea is confronting him. "What do you want?"

Sweets chuckles sarcastically. "Don't play dumb, I know what you did." He crosses his arms over his chest.

I finally reach them and stand beside Sweet Pea. Archie glances at me. "So she told you? Of course." He mumbles the last part.

I scoot closer to Sweet Pea and grip his leather jacket tightly.

I hate this. Archie used to never get mad at me, but now it seems like that's all he ever does.