Chapter 13

Who are you? Sicheng ask with calm tone not even glancing back at Taeyong. Suddenly, Taeyong wants to run away, he knows that Sicheng is referring to him. He can't say about them now. He is not ready to lose him again.

But he has to tell Sicheng some point of his existence. He has to tell about their past!

What you want to know? Taeyong asks in a small tone.

Sicheng turns and faces Taeyong. Taeyong was at a bliss admiring Sicheng at how he looked so unreal, how he want to run his fingers through his face just to know that this isn't some dream. He just want to hug the latter because he was aching for that touch for years.

Everything! Sicheng voice brings him out of his thoughts.

I want to know why there is a painting of me who I myself can't recognize is in the table? And  Why is it dated October 28, 1899? And that's my birthday.. Why you always address me as Winwin? Sicheng asks folding his arms waiting for a proper expalanation.

You saw the painting? Taeyong asked.

That's not what I asked? Are you going to say now? Sicheng asks his eyes glued on Taeyong.

Taeyong sighs and moves toward Sicheng. Sicheng doesn't move from where he was standing. I made the painting when it was the death anniversary of my Winwin! Taeyong says looking at the rain through the window.

Sicheng frowns when hearing Winwin's name. That so familiar name. He felt he had a connection with that Winwin.

It was my first painting actually . Taeyong chuckles slowly. Sicheng also turned towards the window.

The painting- it was the moment before everything was snatched away from us. Taeyong blinked back his tears. We were so happy! Taeyong chokes searching for words.

Sicheng wants to place his hands on Taeyong's which were now resting on the windowsill. He wants to tell him that it's okay, but he knows it will be a lie and moreover he needs to know everything.

What happened? Sicheng asks softly. He was beaten up to death by my father's men. Taeyong says gritting his teeth. Sicheng looks down and sees Taeyong holding the windowsill tightly. He then looks at his face which holds a cold expression and Sicheng  finds it intimidating.

Why did your father beat him up? Sicheng asks. It was unlawful back then for a boy to date another boy. Taeyong smiles bitterly looking at the rain. Both in my family and Winwin's.

Sicheng wants to ask so many things like how in the world they are talking about these things like it has happened recently instead it happened more than hundred years ago. How is Taeyong even alive? And how in the world that Winwin guy looked like him. He doesn't know why he felt a deep connection with everything Taeyong said right now.

When our relationship progressed. Taeyong started. We wanted to tell our family. He said that they wouldn't agree. I said mine wouldn't either but I said we should atleast try... Stupid me! He smiles sadly.

What happened? Sicheng asks. He told his family. They threw him out immediately. I told him mine too but they decided to send me back to Seoul. Forever.

You guys weren't at Seoul when all this happened? Sicheng asks in a confused tone. No. I came to China with my father, for a vacation. Best time of my entire existence. Taeyong smiles at the fond memory.

How did I get involved in this?   Sicheng asks looking at the pouring rain. The guy in the painting is my Winwin. Taeyong says looking at the rain as well. Before dying , he promised me that he'll come back. Only for me. He turns his face to look at Sicheng who was looking at him already and smiles.
He kept his promise!!