ruthlessly kind

Lee stretched her sore muscles.

Last night's practise had been excruciating. She knew it was worth it if they won the game, but did this really have to be the cost?

Lee was a chaser for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team. She joined her fifth year after years of preparation.

In primary school Lee was never one for sports. She hated them. They weren't fun and were too easy to win due to accidental magic (though she didn't realize it at the time).

But for some reason, Lee fell in love at her first Quidditch match. The thrill of being hundreds of feet in the air, while playing a sport was too much to pass up. The bludgers added more to the risk.

Lee adored it.

So she trained her third and fourth years. She learned the game, and moves until she felt ready to try out.

Lee's placement on the team had originally confused the Hogwarts population. They understood the first time they saw her play. Lee was willing to push the team. She often yelled her head off at practise, motivating the other players.

Lee didn't mention Quidditch to Percy. He didn't go to the games or have any interest in the sport. She tried to talk to him about the sport to no avail. Percy was 'too busy for a silly game'.

Lee eventually gave up. Not everyone was a Quidditch person. He didn't even know she was on the team.

Lee surrendered to her sore muscles, allowing herself to rest in bed a while longer. Breakfast could wait a few minutes.

But apparently Charlotte could not.

"Lee, if you don't get your arse out of bed I will dump water on you."

"I'm too tired."

"So is everyone else, now get up," Charlotte snapped back.

Lee ignored the instruction, and soon regretted doing so. Lee gasped and shot up as she was suddenly hit with a stream of ice cold water.

"Fuckin' hell, Lottie," Lee yelled. "I hope you're bloody happy you bitch."

"I will be once you get dressed."

Lee gave the other chaser a glare.

She got ready anyways. There was no point in staying in wet clothes. Lee was petty at times, but she wasn't crazy.

She was pretty enough to maintain a grumpy mood all the way to the Great Hall. Charlotte had given up trying to talk to her.

Lee broke her silence as soon as they sat. She smiled and talked with the rest of the team.

The team was pretty good this year. Diggory was a good seeker, but not as fast as Carter, the seeker before. The chasers thought with one brain thanks to the horrible 'team building' exercises Charlotte insisted they do. Even the ever happy Simon hated the exercises. Their keeper, a fourth year girl named Nancy, was a bit of an oddball. She was small, and looked much more fit to be a seeker. But she was quickly and could keep the quaffle away. She was still young, but Lee saw her getting better with each practice.

Their weak spot were the beaters, Johnathan and Matt. Hufflepuffs were kind by nature. The two beaters usually only played defensive, something Lee had yelled at them for. The point was to hinder the other teams focus. The pair had been playing more offensive. Maybe Lee could finally see her house get the Cup.